Pedestrian traffic lights at Bangkok Hospital

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Re: Pedestrian traffic lights at Bangkok Hospital

Post by Big Boy »

OK, while we're talking traffic lights, which clown controls the lights at the Tessebahn and Soi 70 crossroads? The sequence seems to change every time I drive that way.

Sometimes the right hand lane is for right turn only, other times it is for straight on/right turn. When the lights are set to the former, people wanting to go straight on, get trapped in the right hand lane, which in turn traps all of those behind wanting to turn right when the filter light comes on.

I've been caught a couple of times now, stupidly thinking I understand the traffic light sequence :guns:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I think this is a mildly comical effect of the power struggles which are going. Sometimes when you see the roads jam-packed you see the police taking photos of the congestion.

Though you should never really be gambling on 'knowing' what light is going to go green next.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Ah, today must be Monday. The lights are working today.

Some activity on the roof of the hospital 'copter pad this morning. Landing place for the upcoming mobile cabinet meeting?

Thought for the day..............is it safer to use a Thai 'copter in HH rather than crossing the road?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.