Police Checks Soi 94

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Police Checks Soi 94

Post by Pagey »

Sat at a bar on Soi 94 near junction with Pattana 2 and 2 policemen are stopping many drivers, car and motorbike and searching them. Not just checking licence, searching bags, pockets and under seat of bike.

I've read about these searches recently in Bkk but never heard of here.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Big Boy

Re: Police Checks Soi 94

Post by Big Boy »

I was stopped there this evening taking my dogs to the beach. Strangely, he went to the passenger side. I wound down the window for him to find himself face to face with my rottweiler. I said good evening, he said good evening, then he told me to carry on. No licence or anything official.

Nothing at all like the reports of what the Bangkok police were being alleged to have been doing.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

face to face with my rottweiler............
I have checked, and so far not one of the people being stopped in Bangkok happened to have a rottweiler with them! :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:lach: Maybe I've found the solution :D

Points 41; Position 18
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

They would probably rater face the Rottweiler than my wife!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've said it before, police in Hua Hin have stopped me many times. I have never had any problems/complaints whatsoever.

Points 41; Position 18
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I was there from about 9 pm and they left around 10 pm and never searched a single farang.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Drug check maybe. Were they body searching as well ?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Big Boy wrote:I was stopped there this evening taking my dogs to the beach. Strangely, he went to the passenger side. I wound down the window for him to find himself face to face with my rottweiler. I said good evening, he said good evening, then he told me to carry on. No licence or anything official.........
You don't need a dog licence in Thailand!
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

I rode past the police check-point (call it what you will)..near the railway station this last week.
What I DID notice (& mentioned it to my wife) was that the MiB were searching Thai men/boys who they'd pulled over..to the point of them undressing..jackets & scarves were coming off, & 2 policemen standing next to each man being frisked. Could it be a 'get tuff' policy or are they looking for substances (poss. after a tip-off)..??
buksida

Post by buksida »

I wouldn't advise riding through them without stopping, you may get a bullet in the back of the head:
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa ... 56377.html
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

usual suspect wrote:I rode past the police check-point (call it what you will)..near the railway station this last week.
What I DID notice (& mentioned it to my wife) was that the MiB were searching Thai men/boys who they'd pulled over..to the point of them undressing..jackets & scarves were coming off, & 2 policemen standing next to each man being frisked. Could it be a 'get tuff' policy or are they looking for substances (poss. after a tip-off)..??
Sounds very much like a drug tip off being activated. Been through a few in Bangkok and Khon Kaen. It's got to be something like that when they are frisking young Thais. They probably hide any substances 'Easy Rider' style. MIB wouldn't have a clue :roll:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.