Bangkok car rental

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Bangkok car rental

Post by migrant »

I'm wondering if anyone has a good car rental contact in Bangkok.

It would be great if they were on the outskirts, or near the toll roads.

We are arriving late October and want to drive to Phuket - Hua Hin and back to BKK over a few weeks.

Thanks!! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Bangkok car rental

Post by Nereus »

All the big operators are here, such as Avis, Hertz etc, and their rates are probably "International" as well. Many smaller operators, such as "Highway Car Rent". I would be a bit wary about some of them as the insurance arrangements may not be what you expect.

The following Company has a good reputation, but I have never dealt with him personally. Send him an email, he will probably do a deal with you.

http://www.expatmotors.co.th/
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PJG
Professional
Professional

Post by PJG »

Always use ThaiRentacar. They are reliable and use good new cars. They have a depot by the airport and their own web site.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Thanks!! :thumb: :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
madjbs
Novice
Novice

Post by madjbs »

PJG wrote:Always use ThaiRentacar. They are reliable and use good new cars. They have a depot by the airport and their own web site.
I also recommend Thairentacar, I have used them several times with no problems. I don't recommend using budget, they were very fussy about damage (which wasn't even from me) and contract details.
Virmand
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Virmand »

We used ThaiRentacar last year until we eventually got our own car. They kindly allowed us to return the BKK rented car in Hua Hin. :D
bajm

Post by bajm »

I allways used ThaiRentaCar as well, but when I wanted to book for October, I noticed that they had raised their rates considerably.
Last year they charged me THB 1000,- per day for a Vios.
Now they ask THB 1500,- per day.
So this year I will try Quality Rent a Car. http://www.qualityrentacar.com