Somtawin; The Truth, The Whole Truth And Nothing But.....

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
kitechick
Amateur
Amateur

Post by kitechick »

I have had the pleasure and pain of working for Somtawin school. It has more than other schools share of difficulties, from teachers leaving to in school fighting among staff (restricted to the staff room only). Like any school there are good “teachers” and bad teachers, Somtawin I am pleased to tell you falls into the first category. While there have been many reports on the lack of qualified teachers at the school and although this is somewhat correct (a degree in anything plus an English language course will get you a job) they do try to put the nearest degree to teach the closest subject, while this is not an ideal solution at least they have tried and the teachers who stay the longest are the most hard working bunch of teachers they have, they care so much about the kids education, why do they bust there guts covering countless number of classes working from home to prepare the classes they should have prepared in school.

Even for the most caring and hard working people there comes a point when the energy just goes and you cannot do anymore. Some teachers will try to stay till mid term or end of term and leave when it is better to do so, so they don’t disrupt the education of their students and some just cannot take the pressure of their normal workloads plus class covering and broken promises by the management.

I think every teacher who has ever worked at the school for a considerable time has a soft spot for it and will root for it to get better and go on to great things. I do fear that this is not going to happen soon especially for the older grades. As a primary school I have no problems with the standard of education but for the older grades (GCSE level or other countries equivalent) I would be looking elsewhere for the moment. Even the head mistress of the school has chosen to send her eldest elsewhere, what confidence does that give the other parents.

Some of the questions posed by E-Dork my response to those is

Question 1. Teachers are down, we are month and ½ into the school year and the teachers are overworked, stressed and some off them are quitting. (that speaks volumes).

Question 2. I am not sure about a complete teacher walk out but I know of at least two more who will be leaving (This has come from the students) no formal announcement yet has been made by the school)

Question 3. Most probably

Question 5. No refund on school fees as of yet, if there is a mass teacher walk out you would think but as they still owe GLCQuantum a months salary I would not hold my breath. (Hi GLCQuantum hope the new jobs going well)

I have listened to the bar gossip, read the forum and spoke to several teachers who are still at the school. To the OP of the last thread “worried_parent” depending on your childs grade level, yes I would be very worried indeed. And I am.
Superman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Superman »

THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH ABOUT THE CURRENT STATUS OF SOMTAWIN SCHOOL a.k.a. SOMTAWIN WITEAD SUKSA HUAYMONGKHON

The following statements are FACTS inside and OUT of Somtawin School:

Let me enumerate the "CHARACTERS" who play a vital part in running the school and its positive and negative aspect!

ABOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS: :twisted:

1. The current General Administrator or Accountant (MR. M.) or whatever his designation is!! is a complete I_ _ _T!.Since he's got to the position everything went chaotic in the school, from the school supplies budget, visa runs of teachers (some teachers don't get reimbursement from visa runs, some gets it because of the "INTERNAL CONNECTION" with "someone"DOUBLE STANDARD! :roll: ),Health and accident insurance of teachers are still pending, books and new uniforms supply (I don't know why he didn't assume the quantity of books to get, and he knows that some students starts even in the middle of the semesters.He gets the EXACT based on the number of enrolees) (some of the student grown taller and bigger..again MR. M didn't assume that sizes should be considered.Some students won't fit the skirts and blouses!!)and many more.............

He is ALWAYS seen just warming his chair in his office and working on his notebook doing "unneccessary stuff"!

He is a bad "forger".

He is stingy.

Sorry I cannot think of positive things about MR. M

2. The Director (acting???) MR. O is currently on his MASTERS DEGREE studies in a "PRESTIGIOUS UNI". He is hardly seen in the campus nowadays. He's not a big help anyway (my source saidto me heis useless!) but this man has a "GOLDEN HEART".

3. The Principal, The Big Boss, The CEO has moved his office from the old campus to monitor everything...CLOSELY! and INDEED he is the man,the school campus has improved. This poor guy walks around the campus all day long looking for things that should be done and should have been done! He's been in the "BUSINESS" for several years and he knows what is right and what is wrong for his school (right Teacher "H" and "K"???)

******to be continued***********
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Superman wrote: ******to be continued***********
I wouldn't bet on it. :wink:
This is the way
Superman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Superman »

I was posting the second part of my latest post but it wont get through :( :( :( :( ..I got a message when i clicked on submit...something about spams???..What is this? I need help... anyone..please.

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Did you try to put in some links? I think you have to do a minimum number of postings before links are allowed.

That rule is in place to prevent spam.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Superman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Superman »

Thanks Bigboy!

Just wondering thought that while I'm posting it is being edited by the moderator..just being paranoid man..I'm just new here though I know some of people on the board personally :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

I'll try to post it again :P
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think you'll find the moderators pretty fair on this forum. It takes something pretty bad for them to get involved.

The rule that you have just fallen foul of is automated to prevent spammers (is that a word) registering, placing their link on the forum and disappearing - it is nothing personal.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

spammers (is that a word)
Not sure BB, but it is a nickname, ask any West Ham fan :D

SJ
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

Yes, it refers to Spurs fans who really wish they had chosen West Ham as their team, as Spurs almost always finish below West Ham in the league... 8)
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

spurs

Post by lindosfan1 »

WL
Funny I do not remember West ham winning the league and they have never done the double. I do like both teams though
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Superman wrote: Just wondering thought that while I'm posting it is being edited by the moderator..just being paranoid man..I'm just new here though I know some of people on the board personally :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:
Nothing will get edited unless you break the forum's terms and conditions, I trust you've read them!?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

as Spurs almost always finish below West Ham in the league
That's correct, on average over the past 100 years WHU have finished 6th and Spurs 10th. Trouble is WHU's finishes have been in a lower league :D We won't mention trophies!!
I've always liked WH a lot, great footballing tradition, great support even when not doing well, great rivalry :sfight:

Apologies :offtopic:

SJ
Superman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Superman »

I guess..I'm not posting 'IT' anymore after I read the preview print out. :idea:

If anyone on the board is a parent, uncle or a relative of any students in Somtawin School..or a teacher (more welcome) PLEASE let us join force :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: to TO GET RID OF A 'FARANG' ADMINISTRATOR IN SOMTAWIN SCHOOL! I hope to get more replies and comments from u guys..Cheers!
This person is a fraud! and a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR!!.
:twisted:
The school will suffer if that farang admin continues!! More Teachers will LEAVE!, THIS IS FORT THE SAKE OF STUDENTS' FUTURE
jimflan
Amateur
Amateur

Post by jimflan »

this seems crazy and a real wasted opportunity. Here is a school on a new site with new facilities in an area that's crying out for a good standard of education in English and it look's like a complete cock-up. Surely the investors and the parents have a shared interest here and should be getting together to agree a plan of action.
faq2mfh

Post by faq2mfh »

Anyone know the latest?