Immigration raids on Hua Hin language schools

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Immigration raids on Hua Hin language schools

Post by bapak »

On Saturday, Sirada - The Language Centre, was visited by 5-6 Hua Him Immigration officers, who commenced to check all of our Ed Visa students records. This was no problem for us as we readily have such records available. Mainly interested in attendance and possibly of the student working. We have all students sign attendance records so we gave Immigration a copy of the records.

We open on Saturday and Sunday. Another school in the same building, which also open on Saturday and Sunday, was closed. First time in my living memory. Not casting aspersions but ??????

We are aware of 7 students who are about to be or have already been deported for either non attendance or working.

BEWARE.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Immigration raids on Hua Hin language schools

Post by hhfarang »

Yes, I posted an article warning about the crackdown hurting language schools here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27514&start=75#p354937
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

I would like to see them crackdown on some of the ''teachers'' in HH.
Knowing a language doesn't mean you should teach it. (english/thai/german)
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My son has been attending Thai language classes at bapak's school for over 2 years now, and hasn't had a bad word to say about them. Guess what, he can hold a Thai conversation with most Thais, and can read and write Thai pretty well also. If my son's happy, then bapak's teacher's get a big thumbs up from me. I am well satisfied with the results.

[Edit] However, this is not about teachers, it's about language schools and possible abuse of the the ed visa, so
:offtopic: please.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

theprice01 wrote:I would like to see them crackdown on some of the ''teachers'' in HH.
Knowing a language doesn't mean you should teach it. (english/thai/german)
You are welcome to visit Sirada - TheLearning Centre at any time to checkout the qualification of any of our teachers... All have degrees with long teaching experience. Our German teacher was trained at the Goethe Institute and is able to issue certification for the issue of a German visa.

Just email for an appointment... info@learningcentre.co.th
theprice01
Professional
Professional

Post by theprice01 »

What i said wasn't aimed at your school, just in general.
I'm glad they are doing something about people taking the pi$$ out of the (ed visa) system. It can actually be very disheartening when your the only one in the room that actually wants to learn.
When nosy expats ask how can i live here without working, i reply, 'well, while you worked hard for 50 years, i worked smart for 5 years' :D