One to One Teacher

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
seamus72
Amateur
Amateur

One to One Teacher

Post by seamus72 »

Can anyone recommend a 1 to 1 qualified teacher to teach English to a Thai ( reading & writing only ) starting from basics. A couple of lessons a weeks for about 4 months ?

Cheers.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Re: One to One Teacher

Post by bapak »

seamus72 wrote:Can anyone recommend a 1 to 1 qualified teacher to teach English to a Thai ( reading & writing only ) starting from basics. A couple of lessons a weeks for about 4 months ?

Cheers.
Come in to Sirada - The Learning Centre and get a free assessment and counselling.
Ask for Khun Jeab

See location at: http://learningcentre.co.th/location.html
Jack Sprat

Post by Jack Sprat »

seamus72 wrote:Can anyone recommend a 1 to 1 qualified teacher to teach English to a Thai ( reading & writing only ) starting from basics. A couple of lessons a weeks for about 4 months ?

Cheers.
Hi Seamus, I am a qualified teacher and will gladly help you out....
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

bapak wrote:

Cheers.
Come in to Sirada - The Learning Centre and get a free assessment and counselling.
Ask for Khun Jeab

Free self advertising :tsk: :tsk:
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

StevePIraq wrote:
bapak wrote:

Cheers.
Ask for Khun Jeab

Free self advertising :tsk: :tsk:
FYI Sirada - The Learning Centre is a Hua Hin Forum sponsor.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Ask for Khun Jeab

See location at: http://learningcentre.co.th/location.html[/quote]

Free self advertising :tsk: :tsk:[/quote]

FYI Sirada - The Learning Centre is a Hua Hin Forum sponsor.[/quote]

So that means they can advertise in anyones thread?
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
buksida

Post by buksida »

StevePIraq wrote:

So that means they can advertise in anyones thread?
Yes.

The OP was asking for a service. The sponsor replied offering exactly that service - this is precisely the purpose of sponsorship and what advertising on this forum gives the client. Please contact Admin directly if you have a problem with the management and policies of HHF.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Elaine
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elaine »

Jack Sprat wrote:

Cheers.
Jack Sprat.. Be aware that the Tourist Police monitor this site. I know of two instances this year where they were visited by the Tourist Police ... were fined Baht 2000 for having no Work Permit and had to leave the country within 7 days. Also on an other site that caters for foreigners, there has been similar instances.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I may be being naive, but how did they find out the real identities of those involved?
This is the way
Elaine
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Elaine »

dtaai-maai wrote:I may be being naive, but how did they find out the real identities of those involved?
For sure, I am no expert in such things but the first thought that came to my Kiwi head was to respond to the question posed by whatever means are available and make an appointment to .ee him/her.
Jack Sprat

Post by Jack Sprat »

Elaine wrote:
Jack Sprat wrote:

Cheers.
Jack Sprat.. Be aware that the Tourist Police monitor this site. I know of two instances this year where they were visited by the Tourist Police ... were fined Baht 2000 for having no Work Permit and had to leave the country within 7 days. Also on an other site that caters for foreigners, there has been similar instances.
Elaine....many thanks for your concern, but....be aware that I am a qualified teacher currently working in Thailand WITH a work permit.
I am returning to Hua Hin in early October, and would be happy to help the OP with his request.

....Assumption is the mother of all @#$% ups.... :oops:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

As someone who has done a little teaching in the past I must mention that, if the work permit has been provided by a school or language institute, it covers for teaching ONLY at that place, not outside teaching. I'm not sure what work permit you're on Jack Sprat so can't comment. I'm sure you know yourself where you stand in regards to the law.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

Elaine wrote:Be aware that the Tourist Police monitor this site. I know of two instances this year where they were visited by the Tourist Police ... were fined Baht 2000 for having no Work Permit and had to leave the country within 7 days. Also on an other site that caters for foreigners, there has been similar instances.
I cannot imagine anyone monitoring this site for illegal workers, unless they search for obvious strings in topic headings. There is too much to plough through. And as DT says, how do they identify the individual concerned, unless they masquerade as a customer?
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Don't wish to turn this topic into one about work permits - but

Be careful.

A work permit allows you to work at a specific job in a specific place usually for a specific employer.

Unless it specifically states so, it does not mean that you can work anywhere - even if it is the same type of work.

I have two legal jobs and they are both stamped into my work permit and as far as I understand it you can have several jobs (I know someone with 5....) - but each one must be represented by a stamp in the work permit and of course you must pay income tax on each.

:offtopic:
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

MrPlum wrote:
Elaine wrote:Be aware that the Tourist Police monitor this site. I know of two instances this year where they were visited by the Tourist Police ... were fined Baht 2000 for having no Work Permit and had to leave the country within 7 days. Also on an other site that caters for foreigners, there has been similar instances.
I cannot imagine anyone monitoring this site for illegal workers, unless they search for obvious strings in topic headings. There is too much to plough through. And as DT says, how do they identify the individual concerned, unless they masquerade as a customer?
Mr. P - Trust me - they do!