Supplementary Thai language classes for your kids.

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Supplementary Thai language classes for your kids.

Post by bapak »

This is directed at local Expats who have the responsibility of education of their biological or adopted children. Lately we have been asked by a number of families to provide reading and writing Thai classes for such children as they feel that their local public school is not doing a "proper job" in this area.

We are considering offering a quality Thai reading and writing class. Difficult to offer a schedule as the kids have local weekday school requirements but perhaps we could offer 4 hours on Saturday or Sunday or both. Say 2 hours morning... lunch break.. we provide lunch, then 2 hours again in afternoon.

If this is of interest, you can respond on the Forum or privately via PM or email to info@learningcentre.co.th
PeteC

Re: Supplementary Thai language classes for your kids.

Post by PeteC »

Just a personal observation/comment, directed to parents as well. Kids need to be kids, especially those under the age of 12-13. 4 hours takes a huge bite out of their free time, and is in addition to time they need to spend on normal homework over the weekend. I would think 2 hours per weekend is enough IMO, and stays within the attention spam they can maintain at that age. Just my 2 satang. :D Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Post by bapak »

prcscct wrote:Just a personal observation/comment, directed to parents as well. Kids need to be kids, especially those under the age of 12-13. 4 hours takes a huge bite out of their free time, and is in addition to time they need to spend on normal homework over the weekend. I would think 2 hours per weekend is enough IMO, and stays within the attention spam they can maintain at that age. Just my 2 satang. :D Pete :cheers:

I personally think that you are probably right.... Just that a couple of our students are doing the 4 hour bit now... but right now we are trying to get a consensus...
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

You could always offer 2 hour and 4 hour options, where the main bulk of the actual study is done in the first two hours and the second two hours are for revision/practice/games based on what was covered in the first two.