School policies with cell phones

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
PeteC

School policies with cell phones

Post by PeteC »

For you teachers out there, and anyone with experience.......what school policies have you seen concerning student cell phones? Thanks. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
bapak
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Cell Phones

Post by bapak »

At Sirada - The Learning Centre. Have both adults and 6 plus years students. We require mobiles to be turned off in classroom.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Cell Phones

Post by dtaai-maai »

If you mean confiscation, Pete, I haven't come across that, but I don't teach kids (thankfully... :laugh: )
This is the way
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: School policies with cell phones

Post by Takiap »

Since I read your post Pete, I've been keeping my eyes open for phones at the school our kids go to, and to be honest, I've not seen a single student with a phone. Not sure what sort of policy is in place, but I assume they can take a phone to school, providing it stays in their pockets or in their bags.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
PeteC

Re: School policies with cell phones

Post by PeteC »

Takiap wrote:Since I read your post Pete, I've been keeping my eyes open for phones at the school our kids go to, and to be honest, I've not seen a single student with a phone. Not sure what sort of policy is in place, but I assume they can take a phone to school, providing it stays in their pockets or in their bags.:cheers:
Yes, I've talked directly to my daughter's school about it already. Turned off and in their book bag checked in their individual slots outside the room door, or given to the class teacher until after school. So, basically no use at all during school hours. Good she can at least take it from time to time though as on occasion she gets picked up on Fridays by a friend's Mom, and handy way for us to contact her. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source