Free Online Training/Education

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
pharvey

Free Online Training/Education

Post by pharvey »

I was looking for some information on online training courses in Chemistry for my nephew, and came across this site.

http://alison.com/

The courses are free and cover a wide range of subjects in various categories. I can't vouch as to the quality of the courses yet as I've not looked in-depth, but it certainly looks interesting.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Re: Free Online Training/Education

Post by bsdk1960 »

looks very interesting,when i have more time i will looks deeper into it .
pharvey

Re: Free Online Training/Education

Post by pharvey »

Well, we'll certainly be trying the language skills (English) with some of my staff and see how it compares with courses that we've paid for.......

ALISON is delighted to present over 600 hours of interactive English Language Courses. Use the free online English language courses from the British Council to prepare for the First Certificate Exam (FCE) in English. You can study these British Council courses in one of two ways: The first way is to study a complete course at any of the levels that contains all of the units; The second way is to study a course at any of the levels by completing the individual units for that course (each course is divided into six units). Free online courses are also available in various topics relating to the English language and English literature - If you are learning or teaching English as a second language, or if you want to improve your ability to speak, write or read the English language, you are welcome to spend many hours of study here! These English language resources are most useful for those learners who have a basic knowledge of the English language but want to improve their overall abilities and understanding. Finally, if you believe you are ready to use English in your workplace, why not take our Business English Test!

http://alison.com/subjects/11/English-Language-Skills

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.