[ADVERTORIAL] GCSE Secondary School Program

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] GCSE Secondary School Program

Post by Terry »

Cost-wise, I did the calculations and it is only a few %ge points more expensive over one year than either Somtawin or Yamsa-ard.

The two latter establishments will cream off at least 30% or more than the basic fees (depending on options), for additional lessons, uniforms, trips out etc, etc. If you also realise that they have to provide profit to the business, then it's obvious that the real value is much lower.

The value gain by homeschooling, (in my view), will be considerably more and time will tell.

Educating ones kids here in Hua Hin is a difficult prospect and I honestly believe that this school offers the best way forward.

Takiap
If I had to rely on the Lodge to fund my kids education then I would be sending them to the nearest temple school!!!.
Over the year the Lodge is profitable, i.e. we would not starve - but not yet capable of providing the extra income needed for schooling etc.
It is lucky that I can fund it (as well as expanding the Lodge) by doing expat consultancy, but being away from the family is a price I have to pay.
Hopefully for not too much longer :)
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Terry wrote:.........As I told Padma - it can't be worse........
OK - it's a hell of a lot better :thumb:

Tomorrow sees my two lads completing their 6th week at Halio - and what a difference

A short progress report.

Changing a school is as bad as getting married, moving house, changing you job etc on the stress levels.

Padma and her staff have provided me with feedback on the little trials and tribulations that this move has caused - and have made the process as comfortable as possible. You would never get this from a Thai run school.

Their confidence levels are improving, their time management is improving, they are getting challenging homework assignments and most important - they like it.

Can you imagine a Thai school giving homework whereby the student has to comprehend a news item and then precis the work in his own words - on subjects like the North / South Sudan conflict, The Mexican Drug Wars and the conflict in the South of Thailand? Not a hope in hell. This is real education for the real world.

Also - we hosted the juniors for their Friday afternoon field trip at the Lodge last Friday.
Uncle Terry was Ajarn Terry for about an hour and gave a small talk about how the Lodge functions, the principles of catch and release fishing and how the place works with respect to fish conservation.
The intensity of the questioning from a bunch of 6 - 11 year olds was quite something - I am sure if it were a Thai based school this would not have been the case.

If you have a 12 year old needing a good secondary education you should seriously consider Halio - before the few spaces that are left get filled.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Really happy to hear your children are enjoying it there Terry. It certainly sounds like a decent place to be. Padma seems to have a vested interest in the children rather than it simply being a business which is where many schools fall down.

:cheers:

[Advertorial has run its course and has not been renewed by the owner, thread locked.]