Somtawin ejecting kids with late paying parents

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
dozer
Ace
Ace

Re: Somtawin ejecting kids with late paying parents

Post by dozer »

Procyon wrote:E-Dick was either born with a silver spoon in his mouth or really is living in cloud-cuckoo land - stop having sprogs you expat muppets - you're too poor for the privilege! Victor Bloody Meldrew springs to mind!
meldrew.jpg
Thanks to those that have clarified the situation at Somtawin.

A Farang who has an income of less than 40k per month should not ever consider having a family here.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

hhfarang wrote:
How much does it really cost to run a decent school?
I suspect that that is a lot more than most of you think.
Yes, but I'm not republican or a George Bush fellower.
The question is not what we think, but how much it costs!!
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

dozer wrote:A Farang who has an income of less than 40k per month should not ever consider having a family here.
Funny man......good attempt at trolling dude. :thumb:
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

dozer wrote: A Farang who has an income of less than 40k per month should not ever consider having a family here.
Who are you to be a judge of that?

Your remark is stupid and it's a condemning remark!
Are you sitting on your high horse, looking other people down the drain just because they don't exceed your own income?
I make more money than you so please shut up?

That's my boy, but I'm not proud of you.
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

Norseman wrote:
dozer wrote: A Farang who has an income of less than 40k per month should not ever consider having a family here.
Who are you to be a judge of that?

Your remark is stupid and it's a condemning remark!
Are you sitting on your high horse, looking other people down the drain just because they don't exceed your own income?
I make more money than you so please shut up?

That's my boy, but I'm not proud of you.

What a dumb reply, no more than was to be expected I guess.

This is a forum, butthead and it is all about opinions. Now once you have taken your head out of your ass maybe we can continue.
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

dozer wrote: This is a forum, butthead and it is all about opinions. Now once you have taken your head out of your ass maybe we can continue.
So now you are telling me that this is a forum?
Take another look here before you write anything else: http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/vi ... php?t=1783
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

Procyon said...
E-Dick was either born with a silver spoon in his mouth or really is living in cloud-cuckoo land - stop having sprogs you expat muppets - you're too poor for the privilege! Victor Bloody Meldrew springs to mind!
How mature :roll: . I see what you've done with my handle there..... you have oh so cleverly changed a few letters in order to make it into an insult. I applaud your wit.

I don't see why people see the need to attack me on this subject, all I am stating is the fact that some people are having kids in this country knowing full well of the kind of fees needed for any decent school, then are expecting sympathy when they can't pay them. Somtawin is the cheapest option available in Thailand for an English speaking school yet some parents are struggling to afford this. What if Somtawin decided to raise their fees (which they have been considering for some time) to be more in line with the rest of the country's semi-international schools. What would parents do then?
If it's within arms reach, there's nothing to worry about!!
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

^ If a higher standard of education was given I would gladly pay more. At the moment Somtawin is sitting on the international education fence. It offers IGCSE courses but exams must be sat elsewhere. This results in all coursework not being allowed to be taken into consideration consequently an A or B grade cannot be achieved.
Hua Hin does not offer the education standard demanded by many parents. They are already paying a lot more for their children to be educated elsewhere.
There are parents who would move to live in Hua Hin but are put off by the lack of international schools.
If Somtawin was to become an international school and employed international standard teaching staff and management there would be no need to use volunteers to 'help' the school administrate efficiently.
Maybe then could Somtawin make a profit and have an attractive school that might appeal to parents currently sending their children elsewhere.
I know that parents currently unable to pay the fees will not be helped.
This thread was never really discussing the cost only the method being employed excluding pupils.
no more dePreston
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

^ If a higher standard of education was given I would gladly pay more.

There was a poll a while back to see who could afford International School fees (International Schools are, at the bare minimum, going to cost 200,000 with all the works yearly). How did that poll work out?

Isn't this thread about people not even being able to afford the lowest price offered for an English speaking School. Mentioning expensive International Schools is pretty irrelevant to the topic.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

E -Dork wrote
Isn't this thread about people not even being able to afford the lowest price offered for an English speaking School. Mentioning expensive International Schools is pretty irrelevant to the topic.
Thank you for pointing this out to me :wink:

I will continue to read your rants about any thing that slips out of your narrow brain and its relevence without coment in future :cuss:
Last edited by poosmate on Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no more dePreston
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/vi ... nal+school

There we go, found it. Have a looksee.

Code: Select all

I will continue to read your rants about any thing that slips of of your narrow brain and its relevence without coment in future 
This thread is about people not being able to afford the fees at Somtawin and disagreement with the way children are being told they are unable to continue studying for free. Please quote something I have said which has no relevance to parents not being able to afford their childs's school fees.
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

Big Boy said...
I think any parent planning to retire to Thailand with 'school age' kids has a duty to budget for their child's continued education at an appropriate level - not just place them where they can afford. If you cannot afford appropriate education, then you should seriously reconsider relocation.
Hmmm..... seems sensible to me. Will Big Boy be attacked for this statement.... I think not.

And before you jump on the "well some of us had our kids here" bandwagon, please may I emphasise Big Boys words of appropriate education. If the kid is half farang, looks half farang and wants a simdgen of a chance of one day visiting other farang countries then he/she needs the appropriate education in which to do so.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

E-Dork,

If you re-read this thread from start to finish as I have just done, you will not find any posting from Big Boy.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
E-Dork
Suspended
Suspended

Post by E-Dork »

Sorry for the confusion Big Boy.

I took your comment from the thread "could you afford international school fees" which I posted the link for. I know it's an old topic but I thought the comment fitted quite nicely into the debate on this topic.

Unless you have changed your views on the matter I assume your comment still applies.
poosmate
Ace
Ace

Post by poosmate »

If the kid is half farang, looks half farang and wants a simdgen of a chance of one day visiting other farang countries then he/she needs the appropriate education in which to do so.
why? Is it only the clever that can travel :roll:
no more dePreston