Classroom size

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
PeteC

Classroom size

Post by PeteC »

Not specific to Thai schools, but I have concerns about a certain international school to remain unnamed (not in Hua Hin). Does the UK have any type of regulation which specifies how big a classroom has to be to accommodate X amount of children? I would think there is some kind of health & safety reg on the books there to cover things like this. I'm specifically looking at lower primary and foundation years.

By some slim chance if there are also regs concerning Thai schools, please comment if familiar. Thanks. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Classroom size

Post by GLCQuantum »

Hi Pete,

Not sure about the actual size the classroom needs to be for X amount of students, will see if I can find out more info on that. What I do know though is that there should really not be more than 20 kids in a primary classroom as it becomes 'unworkable' as such. The intenational standard I believe is 24 students, but GOOD international schools will try to keep it below 20. I have turned down numerous jobs in the past as soon as the interviewer has said "..... and you will be in charge of 29 students." No thank you.

:cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes, there is the 20 student rule and they hold to it. My concern is the overall size of the classroom which isn't more than about 18-20 sqmt. Epidemic central as they're shoulder to shoulder at their tables. When one comes down with something, they all do. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
nanyang
Professional
Professional

Post by nanyang »

[Mod Edit]

This is not the first time that you have used this forum trying to resolve personal squabbles. Please keep such discussion to PM.