English Skills

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: English Skills

Post by usual suspect »

If the Thai education board want more native English teachers then lower the bar when it comes to work-permits,visas & hoops to jump thru' for us to assist in their needs.

Opposite my house in HH was an Indian family (yes they were tailors)..they had a little fat annoying off-spring that,even though he knew my name would always call me Farang,Farang...his only other words are mama + papa..!! I took enjoyment of calling him 'Pakki-lek'..doubly-so within ear-shot of his parents..little twat!

I am often asked about teaching English at the village school up in Issaan..but my thought are this...
..when are the bulk of these kids ever gonna speak English..? At primary school-age it will be about as
popular with them, as the thought I had of having to learn German at high-school..WHY???
Korkenzieher
Guru
Guru

Re: English Skills

Post by Korkenzieher »

I was offered a job at a northern University teaching English. I agreed to start in September last year (there were some other aspects in my academic background that they wanted too - it wasn't purely English teaching). As far as I can tell they made no effort to get a work permit whatsoever and appear to have expected me to simply turn up and start work on my 'O' visa and run the risk. Needless to say I didn't jump, and am currently putting in hours for a German company at many multiples of what the Uni was offering.
Had enough of the trolls. Going to sleep. I may be some time....