[ADVERTORIAL] Introducing The Learning Centre

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
bapak
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1105
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:51 pm
Location: Hua Hin and Sydney

Come cruising with Sirada - The Learning Centre

Post by bapak » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:20 pm

Come cruising with Sirada - The Learning Centre

Sunday, 02 September 2012
Departing from the school by MiniBus at 09:00 and returning at 17:00


Non Students Welcome


We will be sailing on the “SunCat1”, a magnificent solar and wind-powered catamaran, the first of its kind in the world. It is 13 metres long and 7 metres wide and is licensed to carry up to 50 passengers. “SunCat1” has a large bar, lounge seating, Jacuzzi, water slide, diving board, and top-quality sound system.

Cruise through Paknampran fishing village, travel north to Leopard Island, fishing, continue to Hat Sai Noi, swimming (use of water slide and diving board), dinghy to beach, go to forest park beach, cruise along the Pranburi river depending on time and weather.
Extensive buffet lunch (at least 7 different items) + fresh fruit platter.
Drinking water free. Full bar available at very reasonable prices.
Reserve NOW at our ground floor office o0r email us. Limited space.
Cost: Baht 1,700 per adult / Baht 800 for children under the age of 14 years.
Payment must be made no later then Friday, 24/08/12
Bring your friends — All Welcome

Sirada - The Learning Centre
Ground Floor 83/14 Wongchomsin Building Phetchkasem Road
(between Soi 63/1 and Soi 65) Hua Hin 77110 Phone: 032 532 650
info@learningcentre.co.th

Noz
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:49 pm

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Introducing The Learning Centre

Post by Noz » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:05 pm

Quick question for you bapak. Is it currently possible to convert from a tourist visa to an ED visa at Hua Hin immigration? i.e. without leaving the country. I ask because I notice one of your competitors is indicating it is via their website. Feel free to PM me should the response be a little "complicated".

Also, are you now teaching Japanese and Mandarin under the ED visa?

bapak
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1105
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:51 pm
Location: Hua Hin and Sydney

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Introducing The Learning Centre

Post by bapak » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:16 am

Noz wrote:Quick question for you bapak. Is it currently possible to convert from a tourist visa to an ED visa at Hua Hin immigration? i.e. without leaving the country. I ask because I notice one of your competitors is indicating it is via their website. Feel free to PM me should the response be a little "complicated".

Also, are you now teaching Japanese and Mandarin under the ED visa?
I did not know that we have competitors :D
Yes, the local Immigration will process an Ed Visa without leaving the country. However, it comes at a price.
We are only offering Thai, English and German at this time.

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3535
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Bo Fai

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Introducing The Learning Centre

Post by Takiap » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:15 am

barrys wrote:
Pleng wrote:Has anybody here taken part in the Thai language courses? Would the recommend them?

Yes and yes - go for it, you won't regret it!!


:thumb: Bapak........I've just sent you a PM. :D



:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact

User avatar
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:07 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Introducing The Learning Centre

Post by Wado-Karate » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:27 am

I've been doing them since my arrival in April of this year. I can now read and write very basic Thai. It has been very good for me so far.
Karate - The Hardest Part Is Walking Through The Dojo Door

Don't forget, the first lesson is always free with the WKF - absolutely no obligation

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3535
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Bo Fai

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Introducing The Learning Centre

Post by Takiap » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:59 am

Wado-Karate wrote:I've been doing them since my arrival in April of this year. I can now read and write very basic Thai. It has been very good for me so far.

Sounds promising considering you've only been at it for a few months. Do you attend daily?
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact

User avatar
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:07 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Introducing The Learning Centre

Post by Wado-Karate » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 am

3 hours, every Sunday afternoon.
Karate - The Hardest Part Is Walking Through The Dojo Door

Don't forget, the first lesson is always free with the WKF - absolutely no obligation

User avatar
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:07 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Introducing The Learning Centre

Post by Wado-Karate » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Wado-Karate wrote:3 hours, every Sunday afternoon.
I should have qualified the above. The 3 hours is supplemented with a fair bit of homework as well.
Karate - The Hardest Part Is Walking Through The Dojo Door

Don't forget, the first lesson is always free with the WKF - absolutely no obligation

bapak
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1105
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:51 pm
Location: Hua Hin and Sydney

Sirada - The Learning Centre opening branch school

Post by bapak » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:11 am

On 01/01/13, Sirada - The Leaning Centre, will be opening a branch on Soi 88, on the left side, just past the Revenue Office. This school will only be for teaching English to Thais. Thai language classes will continue at our main location in the Wongchomsin Building on Phetkasem Road. For location, see map at: http://learningcentre.co.th/location.html

bapak
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1105
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:51 pm
Location: Hua Hin and Sydney

Re: Sirada - The Learning Centre opening branch school

Post by bapak » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:40 pm

bapak wrote:On 01/01/13, Sirada - The Leaning Centre, will be opening a branch on Soi 88, on the left side, just past the Revenue Office. This school will only be for teaching English to Thais. Thai language classes will continue at our main location in the Wongchomsin Building on Phetkasem Road. For location, see map at: http://learningcentre.co.th/location.html
=======================

We have decided to close our new school on Soi 88. Why? Because of the exorbitant $$ demands by certain members of the local bureaucracy.

However, we have managed to obtain the entire top floor of the building we now occupy - Wongchomsin Building, where commencing today we will start constructing 5 classrooms plus a "Coffee area where one can relax, chat, read, drink, etc. Construction will be finished by the end of this month.

User avatar
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2888
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:06 am
Location: HuaEireHin

Re: Sirada - The Learning Centre opening branch school

Post by JimmyGreaves » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:54 pm

bapak wrote:
bapak wrote:On 01/01/13, Sirada - The Leaning Centre, will be opening a branch on Soi 88, on the left side, just past the Revenue Office. This school will only be for teaching English to Thais. Thai language classes will continue at our main location in the Wongchomsin Building on Phetkasem Road. For location, see map at: http://learningcentre.co.th/location.html
=======================

We have decided to close our new school on Soi 88. Why? Because of the exorbitant $$ demands by certain members of the local bureaucracy.

However, we have managed to obtain the entire top floor of the building we now occupy - Wongchomsin Building, where commencing today we will start constructing 5 classrooms plus a "Coffee area where one can relax, chat, read, drink, etc. Construction will be finished by the end of this month.
Hope that it all works out for you, maybe a blessing in disguise.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip

bapak
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1105
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:51 pm
Location: Hua Hin and Sydney

Re: Sirada - The Learning Centre opening branch school

Post by bapak » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:01 pm

JimmyGreaves wrote:
bapak wrote:
bapak wrote:On 01/01/13, Sirada - The Leaning Centre, will be opening a branch on Soi 88, on the left side, just past the Revenue Office. This school will only be for teaching English to Thais. Thai language classes will continue at our main location in the Wongchomsin Building on Phetkasem Road. For location, see map at: http://learningcentre.co.th/location.html
=======================

We have decided to close our new school on Soi 88. Why? Because of the exorbitant $$ demands by certain members of the local bureaucracy.

However, we have managed to obtain the entire top floor of the building we now occupy - Wongchomsin Building, where commencing today we will start constructing 5 classrooms plus a "Coffee area where one can relax, chat, read, drink, etc. Construction will be finished by the end of this month.
Hope that it all works out for you, maybe a blessing in disguise.
Thanks, Jimmy.... I think that you may be right. Also, this $$$ thing is getting out of hand in Hua Hin. One must take a stand. For exactly the same documentation 3 years ago, we paid Baht 3,000.

bapak
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1105
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:51 pm
Location: Hua Hin and Sydney

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Introducing The Learning Centre

Post by bapak » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Room for 1 or perhaps 3 or 4 more.
Apart from our Ground Floor office and 4 classrooms on the 2nd Floor, we have now added 4 classrooms, a teacher's room and lounge area on the 6th Floor of the Wongchomsin Building. Basically the 2nd Floor is for English language classes and the 6th Floor for teaching Thai.

bapak
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1105
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2003 1:51 pm
Location: Hua Hin and Sydney

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Introducing The Learning Centre

Post by bapak » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:04 pm

For those interested in (useful / useless) statistics..

Since we commenced Sirada - The Learning Centre in June 2010
Number of enrolments: Total: 1004 / Thai 342 Foreigners 662
Foreigners: 32 different nationalities/ Main ones: Russian 17%, UK. 15%, USA 12%, Scandinavian 10%, German 6%, Switzerland, France, Italian, Australian 5%...
Of the 662 foreigners, 43% obtained an Education Visa.

Very disappointed in the number of Thai enrolments... Thais to study English was our main goal when we established the school. In contrast, we recent visited a number of schools in the Chiang Mai area where the students were from the various Hill Tribes. The teachers basically have to lock the classroom doors as the classrooms are jammed tight with students wanting to learn English..In addition, the library had a queue.

User avatar
Big Boy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 32850
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:36 pm
Location: Bon Kai

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Introducing The Learning Centre

Post by Big Boy » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:29 pm

More information and photos available here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 718&type=1
League 1 Oxford 1 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 7; Position 24

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests