Jimmy White Exhibition

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Johnson147
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Jimmy White Exhibition

Post by Johnson147 »

He is always in demand by bars and clubs so always happy to do exhibitions. Has done many in pattaya and Bangkok as well as all over the world. This will be a first for hua hin.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

dtaai-maai wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:16 pm At those prices, I'd be going if I was there, but is JW short of cash? Or is this just a way of getting a cheap holiday? :?
Do you expect him to give it away? Do/did you give away your labor?
Johnson147
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Johnson147 »

Jimmy is currently in Hong Kong doing an exhibition. He is in demand all over the world.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

handdrummer wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:17 pm
dtaai-maai wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:16 pm At those prices, I'd be going if I was there, but is JW short of cash? Or is this just a way of getting a cheap holiday? :?
Do you expect him to give it away? Do/did you give away your labor?
Johnson147 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:07 pm Jimmy is currently in Hong Kong doing an exhibition. He is in demand all over the world.
Wow - don't get me wrong fellers, no disrespect intended to Jimmy White, quite the opposite really. It's just that I'm as surprised to see him appearing at El Murphy's for five quid a ticket as I would be to see Nigel Mansell doing laps at the local karting track.
This is the way
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

dtaai-maai wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:36 pm Wow - don't get me wrong fellers, no disrespect intended to Jimmy White, quite the opposite really. It's just that I'm as surprised to see him appearing at El Murphy's for five quid a ticket as I would be to see Nigel Mansell doing laps at the local karting track.
same here DM, those were more or less my exact words. Not so much shocked he has fans all over Asia, I knew that already, but the venue and the low price did make me wonder if he is strapped for cash. Who knows, maybe in a couple of years we'll see Frankie Dettori doing a demo on one of the nags out the front of the Hilton and Robbie Williams playing at Father Teds. :thumb:

But if I was in HH right now I would go see Jimmy W in a heartbeat.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

I imagine people of all kinds do what they need to for money.

The actor Jeremy Irons was once asked why he chose a role that was not up to par for his career. He answered " Are you friggin kidding? I just bought a castle" (paraphrased slightly).
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Johnson147
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Johnson147 »

A favour too his friends at El Murphys, tickets are

1500 THB (5 left)

A game against Jimmy
Q and A
Meet and Greet
Buffet
VIP seating.

300 THB entry (18 left)
Johnson147
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Johnson147 »

Only a few tickets left now, if you intend to go please pop in to el murphys before its too late.
Johnson147
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Johnson147 »

Only 3 VIPs now. 8 normals. Will be a sell out now. Next up Boxer Nigel Benn. Frank Bruno and then Paul Gazza Gascoigne. Watch this space
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Johnson147 wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:05 pm Only 3 VIPs now. 8 normals. Will be a sell out now. Next up Boxer Nigel Benn. Frank Bruno and then Paul Gazza Gascoigne. Watch this space
Wow! That's quite a cast of characters. I'm interested in all three, but I wouldn't want to see Benn lose his temper - lol!
Talk is cheap
Johnson147
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Johnson147 »

Lol yeah. Always great nights with great characters..
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Would be there for a Gazza VIP ticket if they come available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnson147
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Johnson147 »

It's Feb. Will keep you posted.
Johnson147
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Johnson147 »

We have released 10 more normak tickets as they sold out. This will be the last 10 as the venue is at a capacity. 4 more VIPs left. Available at El Murphys
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Henry 14th wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:33 am Would be there for a Gazza VIP ticket if they come available.
But... you're a Gooner! :laugh: :laugh:
This is the way