Hua Hin to host Fed Cup

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
buksida

Hua Hin to host Fed Cup

Post by buksida »

Thailand will host the Fed Cup Asia/Oceania Group I tournament next month, organisers said yesterday.

The eight-team event will be held at True Arena Hua Hin from Feb 3-6, said Suwat Liptapanlop, president of the Lawn Tennis Association of Thailand.

Thailand are in Group A along with Japan, India and Uzbekistan, while Group B features Kazakhstan, China, South Korea and Taiwan.

After a round-robin first-round competition, the top two teams will meet in the final with the winners advancing to the World Group II play-offs.

The last team of each group will meet with the winners remaining in Asia/Oceania Group I and the losers relegated.

Thailand will be led by world No.167 Luksika Kumkhum, who lost to Petra Kvitova in the Australian Open on Monday.

The other Thai players will be young stars including No.361 Peangthan Pliphuech, according to Suwat.

"We have decided to use young players for them to gain experience,'' he said.

Suwat admitted that it was tough for Thailand to win the tournament but was confident that the Thais would remain in Asia/Oceania Group I.

Thailand initially wanted veteran star Tamarine Tanasugarn to be captain but she is not available as she has to look after her mother who is ill.

Pacharapol Kamsaman has been appointed captain instead.

Source: http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/ ... st-fed-cup
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin to host Fed Cup

Post by Big Boy »

Fed Cup.jpg
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18