Vana Nava Hua Hin City FC 2016

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: Vana Nava Hua Hin City FC 2016

Post by Big Boy »

samut_sakhon_cover.jpg
samut_sakhon_cover.jpg (75.08 KiB) Viewed 1394 times
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Confirmation that Hua Hin City have been relegated to the 4th tier of Thai football.
Gameweek_20.png
Gameweek_20.png (29.52 KiB) Viewed 1331 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Video from last weekend:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

What's the season game total BB, they getting close to the end for the year?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, just 2 games left. One home and one away. However, already relegated, it doesn't really matter - just playing for pride now.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Today sees the 2016 season close for most Regional Div 2 clubs, with 75% of them relegated.

After last season’s woes, I would have been delighted with Hua Hin City’s performance this season, consolidating their position, whilst working on a shoestring. However, the Thai FA moved the competition goalposts midway through the season to the effect that 75% of teams would be relegated instead of the previously advertised 1.

This season has been memorable for all of the wrong reasons. So what went wrong?

The biggest problem has been TRANSPARENCY/COMMUNICATION. Coming from a country (England) where a football club is for the fans, and much (not all) information is in the public domain. In Thailand, it seems policy to tell the fans nothing. When you’re told nothing, it is human nature to make up your own version of the truth, which may have no bearing on reality.

LAST SEASON is where it all seems to have started. It started off full of optimism. We had 2 new sugar daddies on board with bottomless pockets. We sacked many of the previous season’s champions, and brought in new players – some of whom were exceptional, but most were pretty average. This was the first warning bell regarding communications – all flights to Thailand were fully booked due to the Chinese New Year – really?

One of the sugar daddies was regularly communicating his dream to supporters. Many were taken in by his vision – understandable because it was the stuff that all football supporters wanted to hear. I walked away when it was stated that Takiab Stadium was only a stepping stone to an all seater super-stadium being built on the by-pass. Hua Hin City operate with 200 to 300 paying supporters – it’s far from being my favourite stadium, but Takiab Stadium is well sized for our support.

Mid-season came, and we replaced a stack of average players with another bunch of average players. At the same time we built a huge backroom staff – everybody wanted a place on the gravy train.

Then the rumours started – wages weren’t being paid. Most of us thought poppycock – the sugar daddies have told us they have bottomless pockets.

Next move was beyond belief – I’d call it cheating if it were any other team. We ‘bought’ TOT from the Premier League – the rumour was they would be relocated to Hua Hin at the end of the season and re-named Hua Hin City. Hua Hin City would become a Premier League side overnight. No need to bother with results for the rest of 2015. Several press conferences were announced to tell fans what was going on, but none materialised.

All of the Hua Hin resource moved to TOT, with the intention of saving their Premier League status. Hua Hin City players became headless chickens, and form/performance dropped very quickly.

Then further reports of non-payment of wages – TOT players as well now. Maybe there was some truth in the rumours. In the end, the Thai FA intervened, and took TOT back from Hua Hin’s sugar daddies. Hua Hin City finished the season on a mega low, with form to match.

Last season ended with many rumours flying around, but nobody would share the truth – or if they did, it just became wrapped up in the rumour mill.

When the season ended, rumours, many of which became truth were ripe. The club had no money, many players had left etc., etc.

THIS SEASON As the 2016 season grew close, reality started to hit home. We were told the club had very little money, and could only pay a squad of 11, minimum Thai wage. The 11 would be supplemented by players from the Academy. I was really dreading what we would end up with. However, a few of our champions agreed to play for minimum wage, which gave me some hope. It was stated that any spare cash would be used to pay off last season’s unpaid wages (Thought – unpaid Hua Hin City wages, or was it TOT wages as well?)

From the very first friendlies, it became evident that we had a half decent side, but were in desperate need of a striker – a problem that hasn’t even been addressed all season. There was a glimmer of hope early in the season when one of our champions came back to the club, and he scored in his only full appearance – however he disappeared without a word from the club (he told me the manager didn’t like him), and is now scoring goals in the Northern section.

Early in the season, Wongsawad and Yongsak formed a great partnership, which resulted in a few goals. However, Yongsak just disappeared without trace, and Wongsawad’s goal scoring run ended. We had a young guy, Kiatisak who was a promising attacking player – imagine our surprise when we saw him playing against us at IPE Samut Sakhon. He probably had more shots against us that day than the whole of the Hua Hin team had all match.

My point is that you can be playing for Hua Hin City one day, and disappear without trace the next. No reason or explanation. The club has a Facebook Page – why not just a few lines stating that Player A has left the club, with a reason if suitable. At least we’d understand what was going on – we might not agree, but we’d know there was a reason. As an example, Yongsak was back to his champions form, he was playing really well Where is he? Is he injured, or has he gone? Very few have followed the side as much as me this season, but I haven’t got a clue.

Just a few lines on player comings and goings would help considerably. It has even been difficult even getting incoming player’s names this season. When the Thai FA announced the moving of the goalposts at the mid-way point of the season, the manager got rid of many players – outside of Kiatisak, I’m still not 100% sure who stayed and who was put out to grass. Quite a few players were brought in to help us in our quest for a top 4 place, and to remain in the 3rd tier of Thai football (that worked then – no striker, no goal in open play – relegated). As the new players arrived I was asking for names. The club’s web page openly admitted they didn’t know how to spell the new arrival’s names. FFS somebody must know how to spell the names – how do they get printed on player’s shirts. More than likely, they can’t be bothered to talk to mere supporters.

When Lamptey returned to the side, it was under a veil of secrecy. He was a hero during our champions season, and loved by many supporters. The day he returned in a friendly against Chiva Som he was immediately recognised by many. We asked coaches and players to confirm it was Samuel Lamptey – they all denied it, and said it was Simon. How stupid do they think supporters are? It was a huge insult to our intelligence.

Another kick in the teeth to supporters has been notification of playing venues. During pre-season friendlies, there were several last minute changes of venue, not properly notified. I tried to support the side home and away this season, but in the end I gave up because the club rarely got the opposing venue correct – I actually wonder what destination they quote to the bus driver. There were only 11 away grounds to visit, and they got it wrong on at least 5 occasions. In the end, I gave up travelling because it became very evident that somebody at the club thought it very funny to send supporters on a wild goose chase. I am a foreigner travelling around Thailand, which can have its own problems – travelling for a specific appointment with 2 or 3 potential venues is just crazy. There were 2 supporters that I actually rescued from Chumphon town centre to get them to the match several miles away, with absolutely no way of them getting to the correct venue themselves. Just another kick in the teeth when communicating with supporters.

COLLAPSE – after just 4 games this season, the club announced that it could no longer compete. I, along with many others was devastated. I even attended a very sad wake for the club at Takiab Stadium. Again, there was no real reason given for the collapse.

My team in the UK is Plymouth Argyle, and I could foresee problems when drawing similarities between the events leading to Plymouth’s collapse and what was happening with the previous season’s sugar daddies (some people thought I was being pessimistic, but I’d already lived the nightmare). Neither scenario made sense, and was not sustainable.

Despite not having any idea what had really gone wrong (because the club again stayed silent) I was drawing together support for a rescue plan, and had even agreed Father Ted’s as the rescue HQ. The day before I went public with the plan, rumour of a mystery benefactor was becoming prevalent. Nobody ever came forward to be named as the benefactor.

Please think carefully about the benefactor. The Thai FA rode absolute roughshod over Thai football at the start of 2016, with several false starts, games being voided etc. There was a General in charge. I’ve worked with Generals all my life, and I can assure you, they don’t take shit off anybody. You have to wonder, who had enough influence to make a General reinstate a 3rd tier football team, when he had already been so harsh (in my personal opinion) on so many other teams this season. I have my personal theory, but best I keep it to myself. However, at the beginning of the season, the club talked about unpaid wages being the reason for a minimal squad. The rumours were suggesting that lack of money and unpaid wages were the main reason for collapse. In recent weeks, I’ve seen the club referring to ‘alleged’ unpaid wages. Such a lack of communication, why??? If it’s happened, talk about it – a problem shared, and all that. If there is a problem, don’t just close the operation down – explore options.

If the reason was money, one must question what happened to all the pledges of support received at the club’s introduction at True Arena. Were they only photo opportunities?

The craziest non-communication of the season was the club’s non-issuing of 2nd leg fixtures. I requested them several times, and the response was the club was waiting for notification from the Thai FA. This has to be an untruth because when the club’s home and away fixtures with IPE Samut Sakhon were switched, the posters for the home fixture were posted around town, with 9 Jul’16 changed to read 2 Apr’16. Just another example of the contempt the club’s admin/website has for their supporters.

CUP COMPETIONS - At the start of the season Hua Hin were narrowly beaten in the League Cup. That was one of the matches voided by the Thai FA. When the season re-started, Hua Hin was no longer in the competition – why? What happened to this season’s FA Cup? I’m not a great fan of cup competitions for lower league teams, but there is no denying, a good cup run can be glamorous and a good money spinner. How nice would it be to entertain a team such as Buriram? Of course, they haven’t happened, but the club hasn’t told us why. If they can’t afford the travelling expenses, say so. At least supporters will know why they haven’t been included in the 1st Round Cup Draw.

LANGUAGE – Yes, there might be a language barrier, but why not ask for a Farang volunteer to help with language problems. Many Farangs here are retired, and would gladly help out if they could. I talk regularly with the other Thai supporters associations, and we get by – they help me a lot actually. Google translate is far from perfect, but it helps a lot.

ADDRESS – Is there a postal address for Hua Hin City? I’m certainly not aware of it, so that’s yet another avenue of communication lost.

SO, WHAT ABOUT THE FUTURE? I’ve talked to many, and their reaction has been, “Relegated? Hua Hin will still be playing Regional Div 2 next season.” The fact is, this season; we have been a professional Thai football team, playing in the 3rd tier of Thai football. Next season, we will be a semi-professional (not sure if that will/can be enforced) Thai football team, playing in the 4th tier of Thai football.

Next season, there will be 8 extra games probably ranging from Kanchanaburi to Yala. Distance will necessitate additional travelling costs, and I would hope, overnight stays.

If we keep the same manager, I hope that he’s learnt from this season, and puts a couple of class strikers on his close season shopping list. We can’t rely upon scoring from set pieces inside the opposition’s own half.

Things to rectify behind the scenes as a matter of urgency are communications and transparency. Supporters are the backbone of any good football club. Appreciate them, and they will appreciate you.

Those are my thoughts on what has been happening this season.

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Thanks for your thoughts BB it has been frustrating to follow yours and others threads this season.
My wife has been in DK so I haven't been able to wach our team live this season,and maybe thats good because I'm don't think I would
have your guys patience with this club,no matter how much I have enjoy them the last 3 season.
It's really unbeliveble how they treat their fans and I do hope for better times next season no matter what tier we land in.
Again thanks for all the reports and live update, and hopefully I be seeing some of you around in december - february.

:cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Rajapruk 3 - 2 Vana Nava Hua Hin City

I didn't travel to the game, but managed to find a live feed for this last match of the season. Hua Hin are already relegated, but Rajapruk needed a win to hopefully earn a place in the Champions League.

Hua Hin fielded a reserve side, with Shota, Roland, Ali G, Po and Saranyu all missing. The team, as usual were playing without a striker. This was going to be a side that was there to complete the season's commitments - nothing more.

The first half was awful, and Hua Hin were lucky to go into the break only 2 behind. Just before half time, I think the manager thought he'd better do something to justify his wages this season, and brought on Ali G and Saranyu before the break. This did steady the boat a little.

The first 10 minutes of the 2nd was a Hua Hin team possessed. They came out all gun firing and pulled back the deficit almost immediately with goals from Suppathok and Patay. Even better, both goals were fron open play - something we hadn't seen in the 2nd leg before.

After the equaliser, surprisingly the Hua Hin team were hit by the sniper in the crowd - players falling everywhere (time wasting) - how many times have I seen team regret such tactics when they concede a goal. Yes, you've guessed it, Hua Hin conceded a sucker goal, with no time to retrieve the situation.

Well, that's the season over, and it has been the season from hell. There have been a few brighter moments, but few and far between. The situation has not been helped by the negative attitude of the club's admin towards supporters.

Here's hoping for huge changes during the close season, and lets hope 2017 is worth waiting for.

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

So, Hua Hin finished 8th. If you'd offered me that in january, I'd have been well happy.

NB: BTU should have 2 extra, and Thonburi should have one less points.
gameweek_22.png
gameweek_22.png (30.17 KiB) Viewed 1120 times

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Hua Hin City u.13s 1 - 0 Simork u.13s

Simork were by far the best u.13 opposition that I've seen this season, but the lads were equal to the task.

Certainly, all but one chance fell to Hua Hin, and the one save required by the Hua Hin keeper was very brave.

Football at this level is really enjoyable. There were just 4 Farangs at today's match - the rest of you are really missing out.

Points 41; Position 18
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

I might not go along every week, but how would I know when they are playing or where? :?

I'm certainly not having a pop at you Big Boy, but it's hard enough trying to find out about the first team matches, so if you can help, or point me in the right direction, for the under 13's matches that would be appreciated.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Do you use Facebook Don? Join this group - we try to keep it updated as best we can https://www.facebook.com/groups/1562160917433997/

If you don't, please ask again.

Points 41; Position 18
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

I don't have a facebook account, I'm too cool for that :shock: :laugh:

I must confess my wife does have an account, and I've been known to sneak a look on there, but no more than two hours a day!! :oops:

I've just had a look at the link you posted and I was able to see the updates, so that should do me going forward. :thumb:

Obviously up to yourself, but also posting on the Hua Hin Forum might reach a few additional potential spectators?

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I do try to post in both areas, but it was suggested I ease off on the forum posting. As you've asked so nicely :wink: , I'll try to update the kids fixtures on here as well. I know it's not a hard act to follow, but the standard is better than the first team, and with 11 screaming proud mums in every crowd, there's always a great atmosphere as well. A lot of fun, and genuine effort.

Points 41; Position 18
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Big Boy wrote:I do try to post in both areas, but it was suggested I ease off on the forum posting. As you've asked so nicely :wink: , I'll try to update the kids fixtures on here as well. I know it's not a hard act to follow, but the standard is better than the first team, and with 11 screaming proud mums in every crowd, there's always a great atmosphere as well. A lot of fun, and genuine effort.
I don't get it,who suggest that you should ease on this forum ?
Imho if your not interrested in a post just go to one you fancy,who is to judge whats you post or not,we still have our free speech even you live in LOL or not.
Please keep posting here maybe we get a few more fans that you would not get on facebook.
And if the pork pie thread is is more interesting so be it

:cheers: :cheers:
Last edited by bsdk1960 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.