Fitness centre's Hua Hin

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Sports Fan
Rookie
Rookie

Fitness centre's Hua Hin

Post by Sports Fan »

Dear all,

There are many fitness centre's around Hua Hin. Not many are satisfying our needs as can be concluded from the comments on this forum. I would like to get information from you about your preferences in the gym. What you like, what you don't like. With your help we can gather information about the preferences of the people around Hua Hin. By clicking on the link below, you will be directed to the survey. With this information we can increase the overall quality of the fitness centre's in Hua Hin. The results will be posted on the first of March on http://www.huahinforum.com for everybody's interest.

Many thanks!

[Admin edit: link removed, the info can be posted directly on this thread]
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Re: Fitness centre's Hua Hin

Post by Ginjaninja »

For me:.....
I have a gym at my condo but the equipment is very limited (con). However most of time I do have it to myself (pro & maybe con).
For a change I have tried another gym (the one on soi 94). This one cost 100thb/session so mai pang and didn't resent it. Because I have my own gym I wouldn't pay the 400thb or what ever it is for the new ex-Market village gym - just for a change.
Equipment wise I'm not that fussy, obviously if I'm not going to pay the 400thb, I don't expect brand new equipment with built-in TVs, etc... but reasonable quality and sufficient variation so that if the gym is busy we are not fighting over cardio or weight equipment.
Why I like a change of scenery?? I find it quite motivating and spend a longer time period working out when there may be members of the opposite gender flexing their wares nearby... please don't resent me for this and I do try not to stare.... much.... :shock:
:naughty:
:cheers:
GN.
certocito

Re: Fitness centre's Hua Hin

Post by certocito »

Been a member at the @Letic gym for about a year, in Market Village and the new loc. Main problem is the delay in completing the new location in Soi 88. Don't know who the project manager (!) was for the new build but whoever, he (or she..) was, missed a load of problems. It's now over a month since it fully opened, albeit it was incomplete at the time of opening, and the progress to completion seems to have slowed since then. Floor in the men's changing room is bare concrete, men's showers are excellent however the floor has been laid in such a way that the water runs from one cubicle to the next and eventually at busy times floods the corner where the ELECTRIC powered sauna is located. Needs the floor tiles relaying to sort. Main gym is pretty well equipped but will develop more problems with the floor covering (carpet not that suitable for the use). The coffee bar is up and running, although again a bare concrete floor around the coffee bar and reception that restricts the cleaning process. A/C is running although it does get very hot in there at times, very stuffy and the air is stale. A step to get into the building has now been provided but the concrete was not given the time to fully dry and it is starting to break away already, still it's better that the three building blocks balanced on top of each other that was the previous solution..!!

The only other place I have looked at is the Hilton, not as much eqpt as @Letic and more cramped but cleaner and better environment. Could be a problem during high season to access the kit for a full training session.

It would be nice to have a fitness centre run to dare I say Western standards - maintenance of eqpt and facility, good management etc. I think there is another one planned for the new mall opposite the Intercontinental but that is a few years away yet. Be interested to hear other views on alternatives available. In the mean time I'll carry on pumpin' at @Letic..