Black Mountain Masters returns to Hua Hin

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
buksida

Black Mountain Masters returns to Hua Hin

Post by buksida »

The Black Mountain Masters will be the Asian Tour's season-ending tournament when it returns to Hua Hin from Dec 16-19.

There will be a field of 144 players and the prize money will increase to US$600,000.

"We are honoured and excited to have a prestigious position as the season finale event," said Harald Elisson, general manager of Black Mountain golf course.

Johan Edfors has confirmed he will defend his title, which he won by two strokes last year.

"I am excited to be going back," said the Swede who also won the Asian Tour's 2006 TCL Classic in China.

Joining the world's 152nd ranked Edfors will be England's Simon Khan, the reigning BMW PGA Championship champion, and two-time European Tour winner Mikko Ilonen of Finland.

Leading the local challenge for the winner's cheque of $95,100 will be world No.67 Thongchai Jaidee and Prayad Marksaeng, who was runner-up last year.

It will be the fourth Asian Tour event to be held in the country this year while other three are the Asian Tour International, the Queen's Cup and the King's Cup. It will also become the 22nd Asian Tour event to take place in Thailand since 2004.

Asian Tour executive chairman Kyi Hla Han said the tournament is the last chance for players to vie for the Order of Merit title and also their playing cards for next season.

Photos from the previous tournament can be viewed here: http://www.huahinafterdark.com/forum/vi ... =4&t=11897
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Black Mountain Masters returns to Hua Hin

Post by PET »

This is very good news.

Is it correct that any player participating on the OneAsia Tour ( eg last weeks US$1 million Thailand Open) are excluded from Asian Tour events like Black Mountain ?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

PET wrote:This is very good news.

Is it correct that any player participating on the OneAsia Tour ( eg last weeks US$1 million Thailand Open) are excluded from Asian Tour events like Black Mountain ?
I have heard this. Pity, because Mr Yates would be a hot pick for the event.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Great for Hua Hin again, but pretty sure that Simon Yates and a number of other great players will not be playing - the sooner that the Asian Tour and One Asia work together the better for Asian golf!
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Any info on ticketing and prices?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Last time you could just rock up, there was a free shuttle bus from MV I think.

There are certain areas that are off limits though, club house, hospitality tent etc.

I had press credentials so the beer was free! Others had different VIP passes that allowed them into different areas.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Sounds good. 8)

:cheers:
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

buksida wrote:
I had press credentials so the beer was free! Others had different VIP passes that allowed them into different areas.

So there are other benefits for being a MOD :roll:
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Erm ... the press credentials were not for HHAD ... :? :shock:
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

I will go there as spectator.
swisspet
Novice
Novice

BLACK MOUNTAIN MASTERS 16. - 19. DEC. 2010

Post by swisspet »

We are still looking for Volunteers as Travelling Marshals for this event. Anybody interested pls sign in at Bernie's Bar, Black Mountain Golf Club or mail me to: peter_wyler@hotmail.com (Chief Marshal
buksida

Post by buksida »

Edfors aims for summit at Black Mountain Masters
Johan Edfors will be hoping to scale the heights at his "home" course by completing a hat-trick of triumphs at Black Mountain Golf Club over the next month.

The Swedish star will be defending his Black Mountain Masters title at the spectacular Hua Hin venue this week as the Asian Tour season reaches its climax.

And he will be back there a few weeks later for his third Royal Trophy appearance, after being named as the latest addition to Colin Montgomerie's powerful-looking European Team.

Edfors will bring valuable course knowledge as well as vital experience of the annual clash between Asia and Europe.

In addition to winning the inaugural Black Mountain Masters last March he owns a two-story luxury Villa overlooking the course, spends eight weeks there during the European winter and is one of the club's touring professionals.

"It is a great honour to be selected to represent Europe for a third time in the Royal Trophy, and I have no doubt my victory at Black Mountain last year helped my cause considerably. Now I would love to join my European team-mates as a double champion at Black Mountain, and pass on as much knowledge of the course as possible," he said.

Source: Bangkok Post

Full details, live scoring and players lists can be found here: http://www.asiantour.com/event.aspx?eve ... 0740653164
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Buksi, do you know if cameras allowed among the spectators? I would, of course turn off all sound and flash...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Plenty of people had them last year, just avoid the marshalls around the greens and tees or you'll get a bollocking!

Naturally avoidance wont be necessary with a 400mm telephoto! :laugh:
buksida

Post by buksida »

That link I posted seems to be last year's event, here are the live scores from today:

http://www.asiantour.com/livescoring.as ... 5465587398

Shame the weather has turned!