Hua Hin to Prachuab Khiri Khan by train

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin to Prachuab Khiri Khan by train

Post by Big Boy »

HaHa - OK, a red herring. My mistake, it was the only hotel showing on the air base, sorry.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

laphanphon wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:23 am Rooms are quite large also, though a bit spartan for furnishings. I do hope they threw a coat of paint up, since last I stayed there. The outside is much nicer, and I don't remember a pool. Though I may have simply walked out the other direction to the beach.

1000 baht for surfside, at a lovely bay......not sure what people are expecting. Hadthong is that much I think, or more, and you won't be swimming in that surf.
I assume the rooms have been painted, the walls looked fine. And yes the rooms are massive. The hotel is split over 3 or 4 buildings. The pool is in the front of building number 1. We even got breakfast thrown in for that 1000baht price. I honestly can't fault it for the price. Yes I would rather stay in more luxury, but when I do it costs me in excess of 5000baht, sometimes well in excess. I don't have much experience of rooms in that price category in Thailand, but I certainly wouldn't knock the airbase hotel. The beach in front of the hotel (the whole km's long length of it) is literally spotless. If 1000 baht a night buys you more in the PKK area I would be very happy to hear where :laugh:
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:43 pm HaHa - OK, a red herring. My mistake, it was the only hotel showing on the air base, sorry.
I doubt it was your mistake, these hotel/guest house booking sites often get the locations very wrong, I come across it often

I was looking at one assuming it was in HH soi 102ishm around where Millpool Villas are. That's where the pin was showing. But in one photo I could see the beach in the distance from the bedroom window, so I knew that didn't add up. Turns out it was in Dolphin Bay! Another was showing as next to Market Village, it turns out it was wayyyyyy up soi 88. If I remember rightly 3km inland from MV. I contact the owners now for exact locations. :mrgreen:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

^ I wonder if they do things like that intentionally to lure people in, things like views that are not there and proximity to the beach which in reality is a 1 mile walk. Once booked they won't know until arrival then what can they do. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Post by buksida »

They do. I used to work at "Evason Hua Hin" which was actually 30km away in Paknampran.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I too can confirm this. My son is getting married next year, and has a few friends travelling from the UK. I've told each group to check with me before booking. 3 separate sets of friends have chosen the Evason before I advised them differently. Virgin Holidays (at the time - don't know if its still the case) were pushing the Evason as Hua Hin's premier hotel.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Post by MDMK »

^^^ dirty tricks indeed. I have never been suckered in for long with hotel locations. The ones that really get me are the airbnb type websites where people let out their own homes. You have to check and double check, and hope the owners are honest enough too.