3 months in Ao Manao - PrachuapKhiri Khan need accomodation

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
father
Amateur
Amateur

3 months in Ao Manao - PrachuapKhiri Khan need accomodation

Post by father »

New to the forum. I spend Dec/Jan/Feb in Thailand each year and have grown tired of Pattaya area. Spent a week in Ao Manao last year and really enjoyed it. Need help/advice on finding accommodation there this winter. Prefer Ao Manao area. Up to about 18,000 baht per month. Need decent TV, AC, WiFi internet. Non smoker. Thanks.
father
Amateur
Amateur

Re: 3 months in Ao Manao - PrachuapKhiri Khan need accomodat

Post by father »

Guess I should have put a naked picture on here or something.
buksida

Post by buksida »

You wont find property rentals from this area online as the owners wont pay commissions and there are no agents in the area. Suggest going there, booking a hotel and riding around looking or chatting to expats.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

The best part of the beach there is through the Air Force base Ao Manao Wing 5 when you drive into the base you actually cross the runway to get to the beach.

Although plenty of vendors to take care of you on the beach I an not sure you will get accommodation on that part being on the airforce base, there's also a museum there as its where the Japs invaded Thailand for their thirty hour war.

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

father
Sun Beach Guesthouse is a good place to start with, you can then have a ride/walk around town and see what you can find.
Ao Manao air base also has accommodation to rent, I think details may be on their web site. Don't worry about aircraft noise, there are no jet aircraft there.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Gus wrote:father
Sun Beach Guesthouse is a good place to start with
I agree with that. We were very comfortable there.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Rone

Post by Rone »

Agree the Sun Beach is/was an excellent place but take a look at the most recent reviews on Trip Adviser which point to a rather nasty twist Was about to book but may reconsider. Certainly the owner was very affable and friendly when we stayed there but he was getting stressed about the problems with salt spray and was trying to sell up. It seemed his dream of creating and maintaing an upmarket guest house was proving very difficult with constant problems from the electrics, air conditioning, etc. Hence the constant cleaning down and requests to keep the room doors closed. Shame.
father
Amateur
Amateur

Post by father »

Thanks for the replies. Will check it out online. I want to spend 3 months in and around the area so will have a good chance to look around.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

I have just had a look at Tripadvisor regarding Sun Beach as I myself posted a review around last Christmas time.
It sounds like the owner is on the sauce, I always found him perfectly OK and stone cold sober.
The salt spray does get on the staffs nerves, the electricty company have to come out every few days with a crane type lorry to hoist a worker up the tower to clean the salt away from the relevant parts.

He still has to go a bit and beat Basil Fawlty. :)
FWIW I would stay there again, but I do fancy staying on the Airbase, Kick the tyres and light the fires. :)
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Hi father,

Why dont you rent for a month in Sam Roi Yot from there spend a few nights in Ao Manao from there.

Cheers,

JW
father
Amateur
Amateur

Post by father »

I plan on golfing at the Air Force course so don't want to be way out there. I don't have a car so thinking bicycle or scooter to get around. Anyone stayed at O-Bay Design Hotel?
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

It is very flat around Prachuap so cycling is easy, the golf at the airbase sounds good, but don't expect the course to be up to Augusta standards. :laugh:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Gus wrote:I have just had a look at Tripadvisor regarding Sun Beach as I myself posted a review around last Christmas time.
It sounds like the owner is on the sauce, I always found him perfectly OK and stone cold sober.
The salt spray does get on the staffs nerves, the electricty company have to come out every few days with a crane type lorry to hoist a worker up the tower to clean the salt away from the relevant parts.

FWIW I would stay there again, but I do fancy staying on the Airbase, Kick the tyres and light the fires. :)
TripAdvisor is a joke.

They can be influenced to say anything by anybody.

IMO, stick to personal recommendations you can find on a myriad of Thai websites including this one.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

richard wrote:
Gus wrote:I have just had a look at Tripadvisor regarding Sun Beach as I myself posted a review around last Christmas time.

TripAdvisor is a joke.

They can be influenced to say anything by anybody.

IMO, stick to personal recommendations you can find on a myriad of Thai websites including this one.

Repeat posting . this time with the right Quote:

I am confused. Should Gus and indeed anyone stay at Sun Beach or not?

In the meantime I'll stick to Dusit Thani.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
father
Amateur
Amateur

Post by father »

Well, I've been in Prachuap since Dec. 4th now. Had a side trip to Phuket (won't return). Loving it here. Only thing lacking is quality golf. The Air Force course is cheap enough but the conditions are very poor.