From Prachuap to Kuiburi National Park - How to get there

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
business_kate

From Prachuap to Kuiburi National Park - How to get there

Post by business_kate »

Hello, there is only little information on tourism from Prachuap Khiri Khan city.
I'd like to do a trip to the Kuiburi National Park from there. Are there tour providers offering this kind of trip? Can I get in contact with them on internet?

Alternatively we'd hire a car and go on our own. Are there car rentals in Prachuap City? Can anyone give me information about car rental services in Prachuap with websites or email contact?

Thank you for helping me a lot
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Re: From Prachuap to Kuiburi National Park - How to get ther

Post by Gérard »

You'll get a lot of information on Kuiburi NP with GOOGLE, and car rental in the Sponsors list on the right of this page.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Isn't the park closed at the moment because of foot and mouth? I saw new photos of a carcass suspected to have been a victim of he disease last night.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

It is closed, will reopen in June

Kui Buri National Park to reopen in June

2014-03-13

Kui Buri National Park that has been closed to visitors since 24 gaurs were found dead back in December will reopen June-2014 according park officials. No more gaur death has been reported since January.

Clinic tests concluded that the cause of deaths are bacterial, not chemical substances such as poisoning.

Read more

http://www.thainationalparks.com/posts/ ... en-in-june
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The new photo I saw last night was the carcass of a dead cow (or something similar). Today there are photos going around of a dead elephant. I've included today's link, but BE WARNED IT ISN'T PRETTY.

They are hoping the elephant hasn't died because of foot & mouth, but they're not so sure about the cow.

Points 41; Position 18
dozer
Ace
Ace

Post by dozer »

Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, they hope the elephant was poisoned elephant - much better outcome in the grand scheme of things, but what about the cow?

Don't get me wrong, I waiting for the park to re-open so that I can go myself.

Points 41; Position 18
business_kate

Post by business_kate »

Hello,
just want to get you back to my question:

How do I get to Kuiburi NP from Prachuap Khiri Khan City. Not from Hua Hin. On the internet I do not find car rental providers from the city of PKK and my accommodation does not give me any answer either. There are 80km between Hua Hin and PKK, I plan to go from PKK. Anybody been to that city? Is there tourism infrastructure around?

I will go in summer only, hope the park will reopen until than.

Thanks
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Kate, try a little search of the forum, there's lot's of information on PKK. Just search using the full name.
Talk is cheap
buksida

Post by buksida »

business_kate wrote: How do I get to Kuiburi NP from Prachuap Khiri Khan City. Not from Hua Hin.
Pretty straight forward, head north on Petchkasem from PKN for about 25km, the first set of lights is Kuiburi, take a left there and follow the signs (which are mostly in Thai) the NP is a huge area but as posted above is closed at the moment.

Read this section of the forum if you want more topics on Prachuab city, there are plenty there.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Gérard
Professional
Professional

Post by Gérard »

KUIBURI-2.jpg
KUIBURI-1.jpg
I live in Prachuap.
On Prachuap beach road, there is a sign proposing car rental with tel. number.

I am in BKK today, but tomorrow morning I can go and take a picture of it.

The road to the park is on the left just before KUIBURI city, about 25-30 km from Prachuap. There is a sign, you cannot miss it.
I think you could get some useful info from the Tourist Office near the Province Hall of Prachuap.

As said above, I think the park is closed now...
business_kate

Post by business_kate »

Hello!

I think I am very close now to what I wanted to know:

I don't have my own car with me, therefore I need to know if there is any tour provider in PKK offering Kuiburi NP trips (there are a lot from Hua Hin). If not, is it easy to hire a car with driver just after arrival in PKK?

I don't have much time to organize as I only will stay there for one day. Thanks for further advice.

I will check if the National Park is open once I am in PKK, don't worry.

thanks