Khao Kalok

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Khao Kalok

Post by zeitgeist »

Just past Khao Kalok, the actual mountain, there was a beautiful beach. I'm not a fan of going to the beach as such but I must admit Khao Kalok beach/bay (I assume its called) was very picturesque. I was there 3 days ago and was surprised to see sea defenses being built. Does anyone know anything about this?
The construction looked like it had started recently.
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Re: Khao Kalok

Post by jingjoe »

I live about 500m from the beach, they are building a walkway and bicycle way along the beach,its not for sea defences,its part of the beautification of the southern beaches.
A lot of beach front land has recently been cleared and available for house sites and resorts.
With the amount of Bangkok thais coming down on weekends I think this area is going to grow fast,especially with the hua hin bypass,and better beaches down here,its a popular beachside holiday for bangkokians...
The walkways are going to spread all the way down to sam roi yod,
All the beach roads in sam roi yod have been recently tarred and sealed now as well,its a great safe bike ride khao kalok to dolphin bay.
Might be the future investment spot of hua hin.......
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

That's good news. The size of the walkway made it look like a defensive wall.
When you say beachfront land do you mean across the road that runs along or the small strip of land with actual beach frontage?
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

The land on the right side of road as you drive south.
theres a couple of thai men sitting there,i guess real estate agents.
The great thing about khao kalok(means skull mountain in thai) is in the afternoon you can sit in the shade of the mountain on the beach much more comfortable than full sun.
If you don't need to be in hua hin city fulltime,its a great place to live,nice beach,cheap rentals and housing,quiet roads to ride bike,and have Tesco and makro 20mins away.Plenty of 5star resorts down here,a few bars and restaurants...heaven
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

That sounds interesting, I often drive down to that area during the day when I'm back in Hua Hin, either for lunch or just a wander around and I'll stick the bicycle in the back of the truck next time.
Incidentally, when I was back about six weeks ago I noticed that Mr. Singhs beach bar at Paknampran beach had opened again, all be it not actually on the beach but on the approach road to the North of Evason resort and with as good food and cocktails as before.
jungle

Post by jungle »

Mr Singhs is still a nice place but it is a shame he had to move from the beach. that place was great to sit for a beer as the sun went down with the cool breeze from the sea. I am not sure he gets the custom where he is now.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

jungle wrote:Mr Singhs is still a nice place but it is a shame he had to move from the beach. that place was great to sit for a beer as the sun went down with the cool breeze from the sea. I am not sure he gets the custom where he is now.
Yes, it's a pity, my partner was having a chat with him and apparently they won't allow people to do business on that stretch of the beach road anymore for some reason. It's still a good restaurant though.