The Beach Village Resort

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Gordy
Novice
Novice

The Beach Village Resort

Post by Gordy »

Hi All
First time poster so be gentle with me. I,ve been to Hua Hin many times but will be staying at The Beach Village for the first time so any info anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Are there many shops, restaurants bars etc around that area? Realize it's a bit quiet in this area. Also, maybe most importantly does any one know of any bars in the Hua Hin area that shows International rugby as my partner is an avid fan.
Thank in advance
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: The Beach Village Resort

Post by JW »

Hi gordy, sure is quiet in sam roi yot, u have small stores and i guess big tesco would take 20mins to get supplies. Restaurants all around and if u go 15 mins north u havr khao kalok and pak nam pran with more bars restaurants. Really pretty area and very relaxing. rugby available at many places in hh. Have fun :)
jingjoe
Guru
Guru

Post by jingjoe »

Hi gordy,i stayed there for a week or so,its quite nice.Try and rent one of the apartments on the right hand side of the pool,otherwise you will get the hot afternoon sun into your room.Its about a 400m walk to the beach and like jw said its very quiet.There is a free golf course there,not bad for a bash,the greens are ordinary,the only charge is 30bht for the golf buggy(give them 100bht tip for upkeep of course).
The restaurant/bar has truvision cable tv so you can watch the rugby there,
Gordy
Novice
Novice

Post by Gordy »

Guys
Thank you so much for the info, much appreciated. Another question if I may, we are coming in to Pranburi via the bus from BKK would there be taxis around the bus station also how far would it be to the Beach resort?
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Sometimes taxis park by the station, if not walk a few hundred metres down teh road towards the beach - good guys work infront of big massage shop reckon its probably something like 600 baht.
Check out Namastase Indian food down there, lady called Noi is the cook and she is very good :thumb:
Gordy
Novice
Novice

Post by Gordy »

Guys
You mentioned going to khao kalok and pak nam pran, would there be songthaews going along that route?