Lawana Escape

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Lawana Escape

Post by Winkie »

I'm going to spend a 2 day break this weekend at Lawana Escape Resort

Does anyone have any experience of this pace? I realise that it has a remote location, and that doesn't worry me, a nice quiet place is what I am after

Have booked a Private Pool Villa

Also, any info about decent restaurants nearby (within 15 mins drive I guess)

Thanks All
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
barrys
Legend
Legend

Re: Lawana Escape

Post by barrys »

Hi Winkie

It's just down the road from our marina ad the Lawana is the last place on the road. After that, there's just the gulf.

It's mainly geared to Thai guests, also food-wise and they don't speak that much English.
An English friend of mine and his Thai wife stayed there a few months ago and found it very quiet and relaxing, as did an Irish friend last month. It backs onto the Pranburi Mangrove Park, which is a really nice place to go for a walk.

As for restaurants, you'll have to drive across to Paknampran or maybe Khao Tao.
You're also quite welcome to call in and see us for a cold beer when you're around :cheers:
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

Thanks for the reply Barry

Sounds like the place is just what we are looking for

Maybe will take you up on the beer offer!

Thanks again
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Hello Winkie

We also stayed there for 2 nights last month in the pool villa. The layout of the villa and grounds are nice and the villa is very private but it is very remote. If you want to eat elsewhere in the evening you will have to negotiate quiet dark roads to Paknampran as Barry said. We went during the daytime to Paknampran for massage and lunch. They do massage at Lawana but they had to ring the lady to see if she was available as she does not stay there. Wi fi is available but only in the outdoor reception area. Nice views and you can watch the fishing boats arrive and leave. We ate there both nights but menu and food was average. Cooked breakfast not on a par with lynnes/Victoria et al as hot dog sausages rather than 'proper' sausages. The first night there was one other couple staying and the second night we had the place to ourselves ! If I were to have a break again I would stay in Paknampran instead as more choice of evening venues.

And I didn't have the choice of visiting Barry's place as I saw him the night before I went and he was heading off to Langkawi ! (not seen a trip report Barry, I was there a few years ago, loved it)

:cheers: :thumb:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

Thanks also Pagey

Driving for 20 mins or so to eat is not really a problem.

Does anyone have any interesting recommendations for eating in Pak Nam Pran? Thai or otherwise?

I imagine Squid Dishes are quite popular in this area!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

You could try Fajitas, a little further south in Kao Kalok. There's a thread on this restaurant either in the Feeding Time section or the South of Hua Hin section. You won't be surprised to hear they do Mexican food, but they do much more besides.
This is the way
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

Try Pranburi city saturday evening they have a night market which is interesting. next to the railway station, loads of BKK tourists though :oops:
I agree Koa Kalok is good
I visit every day on my Bicycle koa kalok paknampran pranburi city round trip stoping for pat an ko for breakfast
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Hi Winkie

There are a few very good and not very expensive seafood restaurants.

1. Kin Boo beside the river in Pak Nam Pran village itself (Soi 2 or 3)
2. OX on the beach in Paknampran - take the road opposite 7/11 and Lotus Express and it's on the beach at the end.
3. Tonto right next to Villa Maroc at Kao Kalok, right on the seafront.

For western food, the only real choice is Fajitas at Kao Kalok - that's where most of the local farang residents hang out too - good, inexpensive food and good atmosphere.

The only other possibilities are the restaurants at the "high-end" resorts like Evason, Villa Maroc and Aleenta, for example.
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

Hi All

Thank you very much

All that info will do me nicely, only there for 2 nights, so have plenty to choose form.

Thanks again