Music - what are people listening to now?

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
max666
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Music - what are people listening to now?

Post by max666 »

Still listening to all the old rock stuff, probably will never change.
yselmike
Rookie
Rookie

Post by yselmike »

http://www.radioparadise.com/rp_2.php?#name=Playlist

this is the station that I turn on nearly every day.
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

Bringing it back into the 21st century,this rocks(she is very sweary though)
Howay the Lads!!!!
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

Would love to hear some of your guilty pleasures peoples????? Might be really cheesy,mite be really girly or just total pants but for some unknown reason,there's a tune you just love that you really really shouldn't!!!
I'll start the ball rolling with this

Don't know why but i love this tune!!!! Always puts a smile on my face.
Howay the Lads!!!!
deepee
Guru
Guru

Post by deepee »

Wonder why Norseman has never mentioned these Norwegian guys?Great stuff from Sivert Høyem("the voice") fronts the band "Madrugada"

and for all those old farts who might be too scared to watch this clip don't be worried the lead guitarist is right out of the 70's
just for you.
Complexity is so simply overrated
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

deepee wrote: and for all those old farts who might be too scared to watch this clip don't be worried the lead guitarist is right out of the 70's
just for you.
Age has no relevance where music is concerned, it's all about quality, something distinctly lacking in the present day music scene.

There are some great modern rock bands around, though unless you listen to a decent rock radio station, you'd never know of them.
I will post a few over the coming weeks, for anyone that's interested.

Azealia Banks, bubbly's offering is descibed as a rapper, singer & LYRICIST :shock:
Having read the lyrics for this particular song i think that part of the description should be removed asap :mrgreen:
I won't be posting the lyrics, i don't fancy a spell in the moderaters dog house :laugh:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
bubbly
Professional
Professional

Post by bubbly »

Interesting that you pick up on the lyrics of Azealia Banks Red, but Ian dury's Plaistow Patricia goes unmentioned,even though the words were written out in a post following just after the video post.
I don't think quality is lacking in todays music,in fact with the introduction of rap over the last 25 years or so and how sampling has increased and moulded into music in general,then add on the technology in the production of music today and i'd say on the whole the standard of music today is as good as its ever been!!
The main trouble is that folks over a certain age just think they know best and are unwilling to except anything outside of their comfort zone(usually what they were conditioned with from the age of around 14 to 25ish). Personally i don't listen to much rock nowadays,most of it is stuck in a timewarp and it bores me but thats not to say its any better or any worse than Azealia Banks,Dr dre,Metronomy or anyone else!! Music is relevent to the person listening to it and it would be bigotted to single out one style as superior just because its what you like listening to!!
Howay the Lads!!!!
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

bubbly wrote:Interesting that you pick up on the lyrics of Azealia Banks Red, but Ian dury's Plaistow Patricia goes unmentioned,even though the words were written out in a post following just after the video post.
Unintentionally & i wasn't referring to the use of language, just the pure garbage that's spilled out.
I don't think quality is lacking in todays music,in fact with the introduction of rap over the last 25 years or so and how sampling has increased and moulded into music in general,then add on the technology in the production of music today and i'd say on the whole the standard of music today is as good as its ever been!!
A matter of opinion i suppose, mine being you must be having a giraffe :mrgreen:
Talentless just doesn't really cover it.
How many can actually read music or even play an instrument?? :?

When i go to a gig & i've been to quite a few, i like to see the performers perform.
That means play their instruments, not strut around the stage waffling to backing tapes.

The main trouble is that folks over a certain age just think they know best and are unwilling to except anything outside of their comfort zone(usually what they were conditioned with from the age of around 14 to 25ish). Personally i don't listen to much rock nowadays,most of it is stuck in a timewarp and it bores me but thats not to say its any better or any worse than Azealia Banks,Dr dre,Metronomy or anyone else!!
True to a degree.
I was listening to rock from an early age (about 13) & though there have been decent bands in the 90's onwards, nothing's really touched the 70's & early 80's.

As for other genres, the 50's, 60's, 70's & 80's pop music was entertaining enough.
Just went downhill from the 90's onwards.

Music is relevent to the person listening to it and it would be bigotted to single out one style as superior just because its what you like listening to!!
Agreed, but it's all about standing the test of time & i very much doubt we'll be listening to Azealia Banks,Dr dre, & Metronomy on the radio in 30/40/50 years time :wink:

All in my humble opinion of course & not made by way of any moral or superiority complex :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
yselmike
Rookie
Rookie

Post by yselmike »

Alabama shakes
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

Some recent HHAD posts/current events set to music

First up a special dedication to George "Coonkilla" Zimmerman and his leech lawyers.... taste of Angry Henry Rollins....LIAR!!!!!

DM's FOO post re the Weymouth Olympic Sandcastle debacle.....take it away Jimi

Next in memoriam for the late great Dick Clark we have a little number by the late great Chubby Checker

Because we all need a pick me up after loosing the Men At Work flautist Greg Ham here he is at work

And finally one in the hope that Robin Gibb pulls lucky and comes out of that coma...time to break out that white suit and get all Disco Stu.....

:party:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

Hey Redzone....not all rappers are useless poseur wankhats

The D-fence enters the following into evidence....

Exhibit A:The Disposable Heroes Of Hiphoprisy

Exhibit B: TackHead

Exhibit C: The Streets

see....its not ALL gats, hos and bling bling.

Then theres these

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

Anyways, Im feeling narked off today so its TOOL time here at Chez Sandy

and thanks to True playing Resident Evil Afterlife and Constantine on a loop Ive thrown in some A PERFECT CIRCLE

:banghead: :cheers: :banghead:

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Thai day today

so Job 2 do

Anybody tell me how to insert a utube clip please
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

up on that list of buttons above select the button marked youtube....that puts two boxes into the text box. Then you copy the address from the youtube page.... just the main address (sometimes it has "&feature=related"....loose that bit) ...then paste it inbetween the boxes

here y go mate.... Job 2 Do rock!

richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Like this?

:cheers: :cheers:

Only thing spoiling this clip are the 'I'm with it' farangs
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.