Which is your headphone?

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Jansmith
Novice
Novice

Which is your headphone?

Post by Jansmith »

The "what are you listening to" question, leads me to another question. Which headphones do you use? I've been trying to get a list of the best headphones used for music. I wonder which headphones are used the most.
PeteC

Re: Which is your headphone?

Post by PeteC »

This may turn into a battle between Bose and Beats. Beats is getting a lot of press since Apple bought them. The only thing I've tried is my daughters Hesh headphones and they work for me and cost somewhere around Baht 2,500. Bose and Beats would have to be awful good for someone to spend around Baht 10,000+, and for someone who is more than just a casual user. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Post by buksida »

This may turn into spam! :roll:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

buksida wrote:This may turn into spam! :roll:
Don't wait then, dump the thread. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

I've had a pair of high end Shure noise cancelling in ear headphones for over a decade and they still do a great job. Cost $175 originally but well worth the money.

My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Big over-ear cordless Sennheisers. Can still hear the dog barking (which is what I want), and great sound quality. This for the PC when I'm watching TV - got Beats for the phone.

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Sennheiser HD540 Reference Gold over ear open design. 30 yrs old and now a collectors item - simply brilliant
300x300px-LS-48663d7c_1587556240_HD540-reference-GOLD.jpeg
300x300px-LS-48663d7c_1587556240_HD540-reference-GOLD.jpeg (9.37 KiB) Viewed 2861 times
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

hhfarang wrote:I've had a pair of high end Shure noise cancelling in ear headphones for over a decade and they still do a great job. Cost $175 originally but well worth the money.

Likewise I have a pair of Shure in-ear phones similar to these and they are the only things I can cope with more than 30 minutes of before they get painful. To be clear, they are noise isolating and not noise cancelling as they have a fairly tight seal around the ear canal to block external noise as opposed to active circuitry that feeds sound waves out of phase from the ambient noise into your ear to reduce it. I use these on my daily train commute.

I also have a pair of Bose QC15 noise-cancelling headphones that I use on long-haul flights. While they are bulky and eat batteries, for me they are worth every penny.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
Jansmith
Novice
Novice

Post by Jansmith »

Admin edit: banned - spam removed, why even bother.