Terry Wogan RIP

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Big Boy

Terry Wogan RIP

Post by Big Boy »

A great Britush institution has passed http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35453541?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Re: Terry Wogan RIP

Post by Vital Spark »

That's really sad news. He was a true entertainer, and his 'Wake up to Wogan' shows could put you in a good mood for the rest of the day. Reading the news report it appears that his cancer was a particulalry nasty one, and he didn't suffer for too long (which is a blessing for all concerned).

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Sad news indeed I've been watching a series on BBC 2 "Terry And Mason’s Great Food Trip" where he travels around Britain with cabbie Mason McQueen which was very entertaining - well worth the watch.

Will certainly be missed... R.I.P. Sir Terry
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Very sad news. An Irishman who spent most of his life in the UK. RIP Terry Wogan
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Frank La Rue
Guru
Guru

Post by Frank La Rue »

In Norway he is famous for making fun of Norway whenever Norway scored Zero Points in the European Song Contest, but we loved him for it.
One Day I'm gona die. I can live with that.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

He was the first one to take the pI&& out of the Eurovision Song Contest. He was very right to do so and his successors have done the same. A very entertaining guy and everybody can relate to him. A sad loss.
sfs
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sfs »

Take a look on youtube at the Janet and John stories from his Wake up with Wogan shows.........priceless R.I.P Sir Terry
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

This for me sums it up....... :cry:
Terry1.PNG
Terry1.PNG (92.46 KiB) Viewed 2298 times
[EDIT] For those non-UK members, Sir Terry was a huge part of the "Children in Need" charity for 30 odd years - the bear was an emblem..... Sad, sad days.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

He couldn`t knock out a tune (Floral dance?) he didn`t tell jokes, but he kept a radio audience entertained for a couple of hours just by his chat.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

arcadianagain wrote:He couldn`t knock out a tune (Floral dance?) he didn`t tell jokes, but he kept a radio audience entertained for a couple of hours just by his chat.
If you think all he did was "kept a radio audience entertained for a couple of hours".... you're very sadly mistaken. The man was a legend - he kept me entertained for years!!
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

pharvey wrote:
arcadianagain wrote:He couldn`t knock out a tune (Floral dance?) he didn`t tell jokes, but he kept a radio audience entertained for a couple of hours just by his chat.
If you think all he did was "kept a radio audience entertained for a couple of hours".... you're very sadly mistaken. The man was a legend - he kept me entertained for years!!
A little pedantic there Pharvey. Perhaps I should have said "he kept radio audience entertained for a couple of hours for many years" I thought he was a one-off character.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

arcadianagain wrote:A little pedantic there Pharvey. Perhaps I should have said "he kept radio audience entertained for a couple of hours for many years" I thought he was a one-off character.
Indeed it was and I apologise there arcadianagain - one or two too many after-work beverages.... :oops: But as did Sir Terry, I enjoy a vodka or two!!

And, as you say he certainly was a one-off character!! :thumb: Here in the UK, the news has been all about him with tributes flooding in.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

I liked him despite my daughter wishing he was her father when she was about six years old.