Did Led Zeppelin steal "Stairway to Heaven"?

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
dozer
Ace
Ace

Did Led Zeppelin steal "Stairway to Heaven"?

Post by dozer »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... eaven.html

I’d just celebrated my 14th birthday when Led Zeppelin released the song “Stairway to Heaven.” One of my buddies purchased a copy of the album Led Zeppelin IV before the rest of us knew about it—we were still listening to smarmy middle school songs—and scrawled out the lyrics to “Stairway to Heaven” on a piece of looseleaf paper. He proudly displayed it to me, announcing that it was a poem he had written……….
Atheists have no need of a god. Our lives are not based on fear or guilt. We are moral because we know it's right.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. R J Hanlon
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Did Led Zeppelin steal "Stairway to Heaven"?

Post by sandman67 »

hmmmm....another one of the who copied from who cases that dot the rock scene

another is whether Nirvana's pain filled "Come As You Are" is a rip off of Killing Joke 's classic anti-establishment track "Eighties".

me...I just write it off as common riffwork - theres only so many ways a set of good sounding notes can be strung together.

Hell, Status Quo made a whole career ripping off their own riffs from the previous album. Once they stopped doing that their music started to suck harder than a didgeridoo player.

The only people this matters to are lawyers on the make :wink: .

:cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."