Great Movie Endings

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Great Movie Endings

Post by GLCQuantum »

Sometimes you watch a good movie only to be disappointed with the finale. Sometimes a shite movie can redeem itself with the finale...If you haven't seen the movie, yet - don't watch the ending :wink: .

Here are my favourite endings to a movie...

At #1...Gladiator

Against all odds ( :wink: ) the gladiator Maximus defeats the man who slayed his own father, the emperor, and Maximus' family to give Rome back to its people.

At #2...The Green Mile

John Coffee, wrongfully accused of two child deaths is given the electric chair. The Prison Guards being fully aware of his innocence and supernatural powers, break down during the execution.

At #3... A Beautiful Mind

The brilliant John Nash, who suffered bouts of delusion and hallucination throughout his life finally achieves recognition.

#4... The Fifth Element

Still one of my favourite movies of all time. The genetically 'Perfect' 'Lee Loo', (played by the perfect Milla Jovovich :wink: ) is the answer to man's survival. But after reading the daily news on google she doesn't quite feel like saving the Human Race.

#5... Whale Rider

Young Pai was always neglected by her Grandfather, the chief of the village, for being a girl. Overlooked as a possible leader in her Maori village, she achieves legendary status after she does what was thought to be impossible.

So these are my current top five endings. As with favourite movies they chop and change...

How about yours?

:cheers:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Great Movie Endings

Post by oakdale160 »

I remember seeing Schindler's list in a busy movie theatre. When it ended the lights went on and NOBODY moved. Then a single person started to clap and the film got a standing ovation.
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

Das Boot

You live with the crew for so long you feel great for them when they finally limp the broken and battered sub back into dock in France....

Then the sirens scream....

The captain and his boat slowly expiring at the same time really ties the imagery of the whole film together.

Classic.....

Long Good Friday

Bob Hoskins' wordless face acting in the last scene, as Harold is driven away to a nasty end by the IRA, is pure cinema gold.

Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead

I love the way the film ends with the old con narrator explaining what the term "boat drinks" means, and the scene cuts away to a "con crew in paradise" sequence where our now dead heroes are enjoying their well earned heavenly boat drinks.

R Point

Nice rondo ending for this Korean horror chiller set at the end of the Vietnam war....

so many more I could cite....

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
jackdaniels
Rookie
Rookie

Post by jackdaniels »

The Usual Suspects