TV programme about Ladyboys in Thailand

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Siani
Legend
Legend

TV programme about Ladyboys in Thailand

Post by Siani »

I have recently watched a documentary on Ladyboys and relationships they have. It is worth watching to see the lifestyle they live and the villages where they come from.
I think after watching just 2 of the series I am slightly baffled how the programme shows how easy it was for one British man in particular, could set his ladyboy up in a bar business in Pattaya, just for £6000 and was living from this investment. The bar they set up was worked in by ladyboys only. I think this will have a load of men flocking over to Thailand, hoping to do just the same thing.
I did feel some sadness after the programme, not so much for the British men but for the ladyboys.
In the first one I viewed, the male teacher, who had previously married with a son, had his son over from the UK to meet his new partner. The teacher insisted he was not gay, but personally I think he must be as was quite obvious that the ladyboy has still male genitalia. Most of the voices that the ladyboys had sounded very male to me.
Maybe I lead a sheltered life :?

Here is a link to the TV guide:
http://www.tvguide.co.uk/episodeguide.a ... e=Ladyboys
KowPatGai
Rookie
Rookie

Re: TV programme about Ladyboys in Thailand

Post by KowPatGai »

Scott had help from another investor too to get the bar off the ground. They are doing OK, beer bars in Pattaya are a dime a dozen but thanks to the TV show they are also attracting couples and general holidaymaker wanting to go there and meet Scott & Paeng.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk