Tramp Centennial

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Tramp Centennial

Post by sandman67 »

or (riffing on an Oscar contender)

ONE HUNDRED YEARS A TRAMP

This year, and in fact this week, marks another Centenary celebration and remembrance - a flipside to the dark remembrance of the outbreak of WW1.

February 7th 1914 was the first time that Charlie Chaplin gave the world the iconic character that was to become so beloved of comedy audiences around the world - the Little Tramp made his screen debut in Kid Auto Races At Venice.

This was actually the second time Charlie had the Little Tramp star in a film - he had a short time before made Mabel's Strange Predicament but the studio actually released that film two days after Auto Races on Feb 9th.

A hundred years later and The Little Tramp still remains as one of the greatest comedy icons of the screen, and still brings joy to viewers around the world.

I love Chaplin films - the golden age of screen comedy was for me the classic days of black and white, and whether it was the silents of Charlie Chaplin and Harold Lloyd, or the talkie crazyness of The Marx Brothers, The Three Stooges or the unmatchable Laurel and Hardy, they remain my favorite comedy films to this day.

So hats off, a big thanks, and a very Happy One Hundredth Birthday to our beloved Little Tramp.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."