A movie producer on a hot streak

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

A movie producer on a hot streak

Post by Homer »

It's been a long time since I looked to see what certain producers where associated with upcoming films. That's changed. Megan Ellison started producing movies in 2010. Her mission: make good movies that Hollywood wouldn't. She learned the craft with small movies in 2010 and 2011

In 2012, she moved to larger budgets and stars. The Master stared Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Joaquin Phoenix and Amy Adams - all three received Oscar, Golden Globe and BAFTA acting nominations. Spring Breakers gave an award winning art film director the opportunity to play with what was for him a big budget. She co-produced Zero Dark Thirty, winning her first Best Picture Oscar at the age of 26.

2013 was a good year. Co-produced 3 films, 2 were nominated for the Golden Globes Best Picture: Her, and American Hustle. It will be a shock if at least one of those doesn't receive an Oscar Best Picture nomination.

Many wealthy people with personal agendas have dropped big piles of money to produce movies in Hollywood. Few have done it well. Megan is off to a great start.
tonyj5
Professional
Professional

Re: A movie producer on a hot streak

Post by tonyj5 »

I think Her is over rated, it's good but not oscar worthy.
tonyj5
Professional
Professional

Re: A movie producer on a hot streak

Post by tonyj5 »

I loved American Hustle. It was so well acted.