Live streaming internet TV stations viewable in Thailand

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
buksida

Live streaming internet TV stations viewable in Thailand

Post by buksida »

Starting this thread so we can list all of the websites that offer live TV streaming that works in Thailand.

Criteria for listings:
1) Must work in Thailand - no IP restrictions or VPNs required.
2) Must work on crap connections - even better if they have low res versions.
3) Must be live TV - 24/7 broadcasting, no pre-recorded downloads.
4) Must be free - no subscription, registration or pay for view.

I'll kick it off with some English language news websites:

Al Jazeera: http://www.aljazeera.com/watch_now/
Russia Today: http://rt.com/on-air/
Fox News: http://live.foxnews.com/

We maybe able to get enough listed to keep most people entertained without the need to subscribe to local satellite companies or buy dodgy set-top boxes.
Keep em coming ...
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Live streaming internet TV stations viewable in Thailand

Post by sandman67 »

Comedy Central - http://www.comedycentral.com/ - home of The Daily Show with Jon Stuart, The Colbert Report, South Park, Futurama and a stack of other shows and specials.

MSNBC
- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/ - News and documentaries.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
buksida

Post by buksida »

Any more? there must be a ton of them out there? Anyone know of any travel/nature channels that run over the internet?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
james920
Novice
Novice

Post by james920 »

How i can watch online tv streaming ?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

This is the way
frank1957

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Thai Expat TV

Post by frank1957 »

I have a programme called UK TV on my pc, I get BBC1, 2, ITV 1,2, CHANNEL 4,SKY NEWS, FILM 4, and you can watch programmes up to 5 days previously, although I have to have laptop lined up to the tv to watch it on my tv or just watch it on the laptop this does not have a monthly subscription just an initial set up fee of 2,000 baht, well worth it.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

frank1957 wrote:I have a programme called UK TV on my pc, I get BBC1, 2, ITV 1,2, CHANNEL 4,SKY NEWS, FILM 4, and you can watch programmes up to 5 days previously, although I have to have laptop lined up to the tv to watch it on my tv or just watch it on the laptop this does not have a monthly subscription just an initial set up fee of 2,000 baht, well worth it.
That's very helpful if you've got the time to click through every google search that returns 'UK TV on my pc' !!!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Bristolian »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
frank1957 wrote:I have a programme called UK TV on my pc, I get BBC1, 2, ITV 1,2, CHANNEL 4,SKY NEWS, FILM 4, and you can watch programmes up to 5 days previously, although I have to have laptop lined up to the tv to watch it on my tv or just watch it on the laptop this does not have a monthly subscription just an initial set up fee of 2,000 baht, well worth it.
That's very helpful if you've got the time to click through every google search that returns 'UK TV on my pc' !!!
This is the one, I use it also. Some channels are free and others by subscription. You need to download a player. http://www.uk-tv.asia/ :cheers:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Yep, I use it also but no set up fee of 2,000. I subscribed for 1 month to get the extra channels but find I ended up just watching cr*p for the sake of it. Enough on the free channels plus watching movies on Viooz or downloads. :thumb:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
frank1957

Post by frank1957 »

Jimmy do not need to google anything, it's a programme I have on my PC, just click n play. :cheers:
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Bristolian wrote:
JimmyGreaves wrote:
This is the one, I use it also. Some channels are free and others by subscription. You need to download a player. http://www.uk-tv.asia/ :cheers:
The point I was making Frank was that it might have been on your PC but it's not on mine, your post gave readers no idea where to find this programme, thankfully Bristolian supplied the info! :cheers:
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
buksida

Post by buksida »

Just looked at that website and it says "A New Year special – only 490 THB per month!"

Can we stick to free ones please as indicated in the OP.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Buksi, BBC1, 2, ITV 1,3, CHANNEL 4,SKY NEWS, FILM 4 are free as frank wrote. You only have to pay if you want the rest of the package. :thumb:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

I have to say that the UKTV player is superb. I have been using it for a fair few months now and get all the shows that I miss from it (Dragon's Den, The Simpsons, Ramsey's Hotel Hell, Match of the Day, various gameshows etc...). I was already happy with it as it was but they have just added five or six new channels for free too!

As it stands, the free channels you get are...

Sky News
BBC1, 2, 3 and 4
CBeebies (for the kids if you have any)
Channel four
E4
Film Four (some excellent movies on here from time to time - nothing you can't download though)
Channel 5
ITV 1, 2 and 3
More 4 (?)

Can't fault it at all. Just sucks sometimes when the internet is crappy, but that's not their fault. :D

:cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

GLCQuantum wrote:I have to say that the UKTV player is superb. I have been using it for a fair few months now and get all the shows that I miss from it (Dragon's Den, The Simpsons, Ramsey's Hotel Hell, Match of the Day, various gameshows etc...). I was already happy with it as it was but they have just added five or six new channels for free too!

As it stands, the free channels you get are...

Sky News
BBC1, 2, 3 and 4
CBeebies (for the kids if you have any)
Channel four
E4
Film Four (some excellent movies on here from time to time - nothing you can't download though)
Channel 5
ITV 1, 2 and 3
More 4 (?)

Can't fault it at all. Just sucks sometimes when the internet is crappy, but that's not their fault. :D

:cheers:
Have to agree with this - we limit ourselves to 2-3 hours watching TV in the evening and we can normally find sufficient (what we consider) decent programmes to fill that time, and the cost is very reasonable at about 6000 baht a year.