TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
pharvey

Re: TV series worth downloading

Post by pharvey »

Have just been watching the latest in the series of "Speed with Guy Martin" - I'm a great fan of this guy (no pun intended) both on a mechanical front and the fact that he is a complete "Petrol Head"!! If you've ever followed him, you'll know he's a very talented mechanic, driver/rider and very much down to earth.

As I love F1, this episode had special appeal for me - SO interesting - 6 wheeled F1 car (which was banned) :shock: , re-build of a Senna Car... I would imagine the episode is available for download now, but certainly on Channel 4 (UK) "Catch-up" for those you have the availability. Just a bit of info: -

"Speed with Guy Martin: Classic F1 Special.
Guy Martin takes part in his first ever Formula 1 race, driving a classic 1983 Williams F1 car at Silverstone, against Jenson Button, who's in a six-wheel prototype Williams F1 car from the 1980s"

GUY MARTIN TO RESTORE AND RACE EX-SENNA AND ROSBERG WILLIAMS F1 CAR

"TV PERSONALITY and Isle of Man TT racer Guy Martin has embarked on his latest restoration project: the rebuilding of a classic Williams Formula One car in time for this year’s British Grand Prix weekend, where it is hoped he will race the car against former F1 champ Jenson Button.
Collaborating with the team at Williams Heritage (the custodians of Williams’ Formula one car collection), Martin will be assisting in the restoration of a very special race winner: then-reigning world champion Keke Rosberg drove the Williams FW08C to a dominant win at the 1983 Monaco Grand Prix.
The connection with legendary racing drivers doesn’t end there, though. In the same year it won the race in Monaco, Rosberg’s Williams was driven by the future three-time F1 champ Ayrton Senna during a test day at Donington Park."

Loved this one.....

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I know this must be very old stuff to British people but I have recently discovered Midsomer Murders, now in its 20th or 21st season. Interesting plots. beautiful photography of super-quaint English villages, and very brutal murders all committed by elegant country people with good manners and upper-class accents. Bizarre but entertaining.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

oakdale160 wrote:I know this must be very old stuff to British people but I have recently discovered Midsomer Murders, now in its 20th or 21st season. Interesting plots. beautiful photography of super-quaint English villages, and very brutal murders all committed by elegant country people with good manners and upper-class accents. Bizarre but entertaining.
I like Death in Paradise
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1888075/
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

The Boys - Anti-superhero

In 2006 a couple of comic book creators decided the time was right for an anti-superhero comic. It's transition to TV was slow because it was - wait for it - anti-superhero. Apparently the powers that be feared it might wound the goose that was laying golden eggs. In production now, debuts on Amazon next year.

The Boys takes place in "a world where superheroes embrace the darker side of their massive celebrity and fame" and "revolves around a group of vigilantes known informally as “the boys,” who set out to take down corrupt superheroes with no more than blue-collar grit and a willingness to fight dirty."

Trailer shows all you need to know about the tone of the series:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_(2019_TV_series)
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Narcos: Mexico also known as Narcos Season 4

Premiers 16 Nov on Netflix. Downloaded 17 Nov from all the usual places.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

This is mainly (but not exclusively) for the Brits - a police drama on ITV called Dark Heart, I find it really watchable, different but in a similar way to Luther. The third episode is on Thursday (watch it on Friday).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Whether the series or quality is worth downloading is up to you.

User threesixtyp on thepiratebay posts single torrents of entire TV series, or for longer ones, 10 seasons/years per torrent. Except for Dr. Who, all I saw were American. Resolution is 640x360. That's good enough for me when the option is the episode(s) or seasons are otherwise unavailable. The first 100 or so torrents are well seeded. I may have to go back to the beginning of Dr. Who....

https://thepiratebay10.org/user/threesixtyp/1/7
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

A three-part series that has been shown on ITV in the UK this week “Manhunt” depicts the true-life murders of three young girls, the most publicized being that of 13 year old Milly Dowler back in the early 2000’s by a man called Levi Bellfield who is serving life in prison with no chance off parole. The lead detective is played by Martin Clunes who gives a memorable performance - well worth watching
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Just watched it. Good call. Thanks.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

If you get netflix and have a sick sense of humor check out Happy. Season one has ended and looks like #2 coming.

It's about a badassed hero cop scumbag that's been disgraced and now is a hitman. He is contacted by a flying blue unicorn (is flying redundant when speaking of unicorns??) that only he can see and they embark on a mission together.

Despite the blue unicorn not really advisable for children ( And I mean really!!)
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

migrant wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:33 pm If you get netflix and have a sick sense of humor check out Happy. Season one has ended and looks like #2 coming.

It's about a badassed hero cop scumbag that's been disgraced and now is a hitman. He is contacted by a flying blue unicorn (is flying redundant when speaking of unicorns??) that only he can see and they embark on a mission together.

Despite the blue unicorn not really advisable for children ( And I mean really!!)
SyFy confirmed season 2. When? Who knows. It will be worth the wait.

Two prior opinions from happy viewers of Happy!
https://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 91#p457491
https://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 91#p462418

Season one ended without resolving the major plot line. I recommend you watch season 1 first, if anything, just to understand the characters and how they've come together.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Homer wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:07 pm
migrant wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:33 pm If you get netflix and have a sick sense of humor check out Happy. Season one has ended and looks like #2 coming.

SyFy confirmed season 2. When? Who knows. It will be worth the wait.

Two prior opinions from happy viewers of Happy!
https://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 91#p457491
https://huahinforum.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 91#p462418

Season one ended without resolving the major plot line. I recommend you watch season 1 first, if anything, just to understand the characters and how they've come together.
Just finished season one, looking forward to 2 eventually!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

migrant wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:39 pmJust finished season one, looking forward to 2 eventually!
Me too. Our wait will soon be over. Season 2 premiers March 27

In the Context of Happy! that HD logo means Highly Deranged :)
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

The US series--Designated Survivor is my present favourite. There is a special little inside joke for Canadians as the President of the US and the main female lead, his Chief of Staff, are both played by Canadian actors (The POTUS by Keifer Sutherland)
Easy way to spot the Canadian accent by the 'ou" sound--About comes out as Aboot, house as Huse.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Just finished Season 1 of After Life,,written and directed by Ricky Gervais.
Best thing I have seen in years.
Season 2 confirmed.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.