Problem at Cat Bar last night

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
l112a6

Problem at Cat Bar last night

Post by l112a6 »

OK so last night was new...
Went to Cat bar about 1:30 to have some drinks with a group of girls.
Making my way to the bar to order a drink, a group of 4 Thai men were there drinking whisky.
1 of them talks to one of the girls, but she was not interested. Then they decide to make it my problem.
After being pushed and moving away from them, the girl suggests we have to leave.
I didn't think much of it but I decided to leave anyway.
Upon leaving the club and walking the girl back to her bar I got jumped from behind at the top of Bintabaht by the 4 of them.
I got a few good shots off but took a fair few as I was outnumbered.
1 at the back appeared to take out a gun so I run away while I could and went home.
You're very much on your own at the time. Wasn't a person in sight. Just thought I would share that one...
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Problem at Cat Bar last night

Post by kendo »

Welcome to our forum.
Going to a bar with a group of Thai girls and them start interacting with a group of Thai men that are drunk is a disaster waiting to happen for you. It could be their boyfriend or an ex or even family. Thais can be insanely jealous and can get violent very quickly and that's just the girls.

I have had a problem with a Thai man and for many years he remembered our little encounter and always used to stare at me from a long distance away basically they don't want to loose face it's very important in Thai culture. Thankfully I no longer have this problem as he drank himself to death on whiskey.
I don't know how much you understand about Thailand but I would advice you to go drinking else where like soi80 and be vigilant trust me they have had one pop at you they will do it again especially if you got a good couple of punches in.
Don't be befriended by Thai men drinking heavily they may come across really friendly until there's a misunderstanding that you don't know how to explain and then it all goes wrong.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

i had a Thai friend beaten to death last year by her jealous husand. She was only 26 and was very beautiful. I was just talking with her and then she was gone. Her husand threw her body into a well. There were photos of her in the newspapers with her neck broken and her head turned around.

it made me sick to see her like that. it was so sad...

I asked her if she was married or had a boyfriend and she said no. I was out of the country at the time. I guess it was posible I could have been killed too.

the point is you never know what you dealing with here... and you never notice the Thai man across the street from the bar watching everything you do...
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
l112a6

Post by l112a6 »

Although anything is possible, I think this time was no more than a jealous drunk Thai man not getting what he wanted.
And also probably hates seeing the girl he wanted with a foreigner.
I didn't say a word, I was just there. Wrong place wrong time.
Girls were regular girls I drink with from Poon Suk. I also go there regularly with girls from soi 80.
Will be giving it a miss for a while though...
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Whits about you mate Hua Hin is very safe place to be, but a foreigner drinking with locals you need to apply the same common sense you would in your respective country.

JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

i know a Thai man in HH who is very successful. he drives a very expensive sports car. i see him in the Farang bars around town. he is about 40 years old. he is alway a little pissed off when i talk to him. sort of a low level anger or frustration. he says he is a big VIP. the girls tell me they don't like him and have to tell him to leave. i think he gets mad that the girls will hop on the back of a scooter of a over weight 65 year old Farang man and not go with him in his $100,000 sports car.

the point here is a successful and intelligent Thai man gets a few drinks in him and the issue and anger of the Thai girls not going with Thai men pops up.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

l112a6 wrote:OK so last night was new...
Went to Cat bar about 1:30 to have some drinks with a group of girls.
Making my way to the bar to order a drink, a group of 4 Thai men were there drinking whisky.
1 of them talks to one of the girls, but she was not interested. Then they decide to make it my problem.
After being pushed and moving away from them, the girl suggests we have to leave.
I didn't think much of it but I decided to leave anyway.
Upon leaving the club and walking the girl back to her bar I got jumped from behind at the top of Bintabaht by the 4 of them.
I got a few good shots off but took a fair few as I was outnumbered.
1 at the back appeared to take out a gun so I run away while I could and went home.
You're very much on your own at the time. Wasn't a person in sight. Just thought I would share that one...

"I got jumped from behind at the top of Bintabaht"
"You're very much on your own at the time. Wasn't a person in sight."

I am sorry but just want to double check something here. You were jumped at the top of Bintabaht, that's the end by the Hilton right ? This is around 1:30 am ? I don't understand the part where you say "Wasn't a person in sight" I have been around that area many times between 1.30am and 2.00am and there are many people around, bar girls, falangs all headed over to the Cat Bar/Disco area after the bars are closed. There are also allot of motorbike taxis waiting to take people home. This also happened on a Saturday night, the busiest night of the week.

Did you mean to say you were jumped at the bottom of Binterbaht ? That would make more sense.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
l112a6

Post by l112a6 »

No, I was jumped at the top of bintabaht. It was a typo, it was around 02:30AM

Bintabaht closes at 02:00AM, Hilton seemed to be closed at 02:30 too.
There may have been the odd person about in the darkness but forgive me for not noticing! Certainly wasn't anyone wanting to help out.

Also turns out I wasn't so lucky. Suffered some internal damage to my eye.
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

l112a6 wrote:No, I was jumped at the top of bintabaht. It was a typo, it was around 02:30AM

There may have been the odd person about in the darkness but forgive me for not noticing! Certainly wasn't anyone wanting to help out.

Ouch, I feel bad for you. You make me realize sometimes how dangerous it can be here but people assume its not Pattaya or Bangkok so its safe. I have been very drunk and walked around the bar area sometimes 3am 4am when nobody is in sight like a dumb ass. I have heard stories in bars of guys walking around Binterbaht and the surrounding streets at that time and being held up by ladyboys on motorbikes with knives, that's crazy.

I have also been in Cat Bar by myself very drunk and bumped into Thai men but nobody has really said anything. The scary part is what you mentioned about having 4 attack you, I would assume even if there were Thai motorbike men in the vicinity they would not give you a hand anyway being a falang they would probably watch. For me, being drunk and walking around those areas is something I continue to do and have done for the past 4 years, like I said I guess I have been lucky so far but all it takes is one time...I need to smarten up or walk around with more people.

Hope you eye heals.
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
l112a6

Post by l112a6 »

jumusman wrote:
l112a6 wrote:No, I was jumped at the top of bintabaht. It was a typo, it was around 02:30AM

Ouch, I feel bad for you. You make me realize sometimes how dangerous it can be here but people assume its not Pattaya or Bangkok so its safe. I have been very drunk and walked around the bar area sometimes 3am 4am when nobody is in sight like a dumb ass. I have heard stories in bars of guys walking around Binterbaht and the surrounding streets at that time and being held up by ladyboys on motorbikes with knives, that's crazy.

I have also been in Cat Bar by myself very drunk and bumped into Thai men but nobody has really said anything. The scary part is what you mentioned about having 4 attack you, I would assume even if there were Thai motorbike men in the vicinity they would not give you a hand anyway being a falang they would probably watch. For me, being drunk and walking around those areas is something I continue to do and have done for the past 4 years, like I said I guess I have been lucky so far but all it takes is one time...I need to smarten up or walk around with more people.

Hope you eye heals.
Cheers for the good wishes.

I won't be around there alone at that time again.
I have a young child to take care of so it's not worth the risk.
It's quite disappointing though as I don't encourage trouble and the city has always seemed a friendly place...
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

It is but apply the same common sense you would anywhere else in bar areas.

JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

drunk being a common theme in some of these stories...

being a drunk farang in public late at night in Thailand is like being a wounded fish around sharks...
l112a6

Post by l112a6 »

JamesWest wrote:drunk being a common theme in some of these stories...

being a drunk farang in public late at night in Thailand is like being a wounded fish around sharks...
I wasn't drunk, I went out late.
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

Have you ever been to Cat Bar and the surrounding area at that time ? I would say 90% of people, be they Thais or Falangs are drunk at that time. It's a place to go to get drunk and its a place to go to get more drunk than you were before.

Wouldn't you agree ?
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

jumusman wrote:

Have you ever been to Cat Bar and the surrounding area at that time ? I would say 90% of people, be they Thais or Falangs are drunk at that time. It's a place to go to get drunk and its a place to go to get more drunk than you were before.

Wouldn't you agree ?
i live in the cat bar... :) fun place to people watch... between 2-3 AM

and the Hilton and the Cat bar are the only two places I have been warned more that once by bar girls to be careful in. so much so, i had one bar girl point out the girls I should avoid, and would not leave until she saw that I had not hooked up with any of the girls she was worried about. the Hilton is were a bar owner friend of mine was drugged and robbed.

and i am not talking about in the bar, i am talking about being drunk walking late at night...
you must keep your wits about you in bar areas, and the more drunk you are, the more of a victim you become...
that is all i am trying to say.