thai bars

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: thai bars

Post by richard »

AND some cannot be concealed down a trouser leg
Going.hunting.jpg
Going.hunting.jpg (37.83 KiB) Viewed 2501 times
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I didn't ask them if they were legal or not, but without saying too much on a public forum the guns were provided by a relative who was a local ex dignitary and had close links with the police. I was quite shocked and if I remember correctly when asked their answer was something like it's not a problem if you know the right people. We all know laws mean nothing in Thailand unless they are enforced and this often depends on who you know.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Takiap wrote:Yes, may I got carried away with the .99999999 part of it, but what I was getting at is that I very much doubt that a LOT of Thais carry guns in their cars. Hell even the three policemen I know don't carry their guns in their cars when off duty.

Owning a gun in Thailand is one thing, carrying it around with you in a car is another matter altogether.

:cheers:
When I lived in Pattaya we had a regular customer who was a policeman. He would come into the bar when he went off duty still in uniform and still with his gun. Sensibly though he always allowed his gun to be stashed behind the bar. Of course maybe not so sensibly he had to take it with him when he left p****d up.
My point is that they seem to have no strict code of conduct.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

There are of course certain bars where you are not allowed in because you are a farang. There used to be a few in side streets off the night market. However that probably should be part of a new thread regarding discrimination. I personally (several years ago) have been refused entry to certain bars in Pat Pong because I'm not Japanese and certain bar/karaoke joints in Khon Kaen because I'm not Thai. I have even been refused entry to bars in Khon Kaen province because my shirt was the wrong colour.

However, probably a lot of bars will allow entry providing you are accompanied by Thais. Certainly IMO that is the preferred option.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

In the THong Lo area of BKK there a area collection of clubs that admit ONLY Japanese men, the word is that they have the most delicious dancers.
Name Taken
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Name Taken »

StevePIraq wrote:Thai bars are not so good for Farangs. I tried many in the past and it's just not worth the hassles, very little if any English spoken, always looking to rip you off, girls are either there for Thai men or are pimped by Thai men.
Lots of other options
:agree:
I have had both good and bad experiences at Thai bars. Thai bars can be very cheap, but they are often very smelly, very dirty and infested with mosquitoes and bugs.