ARMY now checking bars in Hua Hin

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

ARMY now checking bars in Hua Hin

Post by richard »

I was in a bar in soi 80 early evening a couple of days ago and the ARMY marched in and demanded to see all the girls ID's. Not the police but the ARMY. Not sure but they may have been checking licenses as well as they were also talking for some time to the bar cashier
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Re: ARMY now checking bars in Hua Hin

Post by Pleng »

I'm wondering if there's some kind of power struggle going on. All this talk of police coming into bars demanding fines for venues with big-screen TVs happens to have come about at the same time as a big increase in the amount roadside licence/helmet checks by the police - until recently these had all but disappeared in Hua Hin.

And now we have the army going into bars...?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

There has always been a power struggle between the army and police only now the army (for obvious reasons) are pulling more muscle
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

richard wrote:I was in a bar in soi 80 early evening a couple of days ago and the ARMY marched in and demanded to see all the girls ID's. Not the police but the ARMY. Not sure but they may have been checking licenses as well as they were also talking for some time to the bar cashier
I was there that night too - actually saw Richard in soi 80......

The people involved were not the army, although most of the 7 of them were wearing army-type fatigues.

On their backs, it said they were from the DOPA.
Just googled this and came up with the following:

"Department of Provincial Administration enforces strict regulations on entertainment venues

The Department of Provincial Administration is imposing strict regulations on entertainment venues.

The Director General of the Department of Provincial Administration, Mr. Charnchai Sunthornmath (ชาญชัย สุนทรมัฏฐ์), revealed that the Minister of Interior, Mr. Aree Wong-Arya (อารีย์ วงศ์อารยะ) has instructed all provinces to regulate entertainment venue operations to ensure their strict compliance with the government's social order policy.

Mr. Charnchai said that officials would be looking for entertainment venues operating without licenses, narcotic activity, customers less than 20 years of age, operating past opening hours, lewd and immoral shows, weapon possession, and other offenses.

The Director-General said that any district officials allowing entertainment venues to break regulations would face disciplinary and criminal prosecution from the Ministry of Interior"
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Any bar that is allowing prostitution to begin on their premises (not that the bar Richard was in, is) should be prepared for stringent checks on their personnel and day to day operating. Quite rightly too. Unfortunately some normal bars that aren't catering towards red-light clients are collateral damage in this process.

I've never sat down and talked to a bargirl in soi 80 so I don't know if it's the same deal as many bars in Binta. It's just a shame for the hardworking bars that sell nothing but alcohol.

For the safety of customers and bargirls alike, there needs to be stricter laws put in place regarding girls soliciting sex in bars.

All good things come to an end.

:cheers:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

GLCQ......... :lach:

Not sure if you are being serious or not? Do you honestly believe that the army can stop, or even wants to stop the sex industry in Thailand? They might try to stamp it out in tourist areas, but other than that, no chance at all.

As another poster has mentioned, I think it has more to do with a power struggle and political brownie points.
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

the government's social order policy
Sounds like something out of a George Orwell book...
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

GLCQuantum wrote:Any bar that is allowing prostitution to begin on their premises (not that the bar Richard was in, is) should be prepared for stringent checks on their personnel and day to day operating. Quite rightly too. Unfortunately some normal bars that aren't catering towards red-light clients are collateral damage in this process.

I've never sat down and talked to a bargirl in soi 80 so I don't know if it's the same deal as many bars in Binta. It's just a shame for the hardworking bars that sell nothing but alcohol.

For the safety of customers and bargirls alike, there needs to be stricter laws put in place regarding girls soliciting sex in bars.

All good things come to an end.

:cheers:
There are too many bars - period.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't know if there's any connection, but I see 2 recently (this year) opened Soi 94 bars have already closed after just a couple of weeks. These bars always had a steady stream of customers whenever I drove past.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

GLCQ --- I am surprised at your thought about 'stricter laws'. Prostitution is ILLEGAL, cant have a stricter law than that. there are always 2 questions 1 WHAT IS THE LAW? 2 IS IT BEING ENFORCED?
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

GLCQuantum wrote: For the safety of customers and bargirls alike, there needs to be stricter laws put in place regarding girls soliciting sex in bars.
Love the way how when they're cracking down on something you disagree with it's 'go go government', and when it's something you like to partake in it's 'welcome to the new North Korea'.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

the sad part is sex is good for you, its the drinking that will kill you. :laugh:
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Dr Mike wrote:GLCQ --- I am surprised at your thought about 'stricter laws'. Prostitution is ILLEGAL, cant have a stricter law than that. there are always 2 questions 1 WHAT IS THE LAW? 2 IS IT BEING ENFORCED?
Then why not start at MV? Outside MacDonalds and the food-hall for a start
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

richard wrote:
Dr Mike wrote:GLCQ --- I am surprised at your thought about 'stricter laws'. Prostitution is ILLEGAL, cant have a stricter law than that. there are always 2 questions 1 WHAT IS THE LAW? 2 IS IT BEING ENFORCED?
Then why not start at MV? Outside MacDonalds and the food-hall for a start
Dear me - are you implying there are prostitutes outside McDonut in MV? :shock:
A friend is only one click away
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Yes. Obviously better dressed and maybe even HiSo's looking for a 'farang experience. I have a few Geordie mates who appear two or three times a year who literally park at the food bar in the food hall with a view of all the wander in and out of Tescos or the surrounding vendors. Their second perch for 'netting some prey' is also the outside part of MacDonalds. I'm assured that their success rate is pretty high. Often a shop girl looking for some additional bonus.

In fact I've known a few 'ladies' who used to ply their wares in the bars in Binta who have secured a job in MV as the hours are better and the hit rate for them is higher.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY