Free Pool?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Shoeless-Joe
Rookie
Rookie

Free Pool?

Post by Shoeless-Joe »

Hi,
I´m quite new to Hua Hin and I´m looking for a place to play pool (preferably free of charge...). I know there´s heeps of bars with free pool tables but I would like to find one where I don´t just play with the working girls who´ll ask me for drinks if they win. Just a regular pool club would be great, doesn´t matter if it´s mainly frequented by thais or foreigners.
Cheers
Shoeless-Joe
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Free Pool?

Post by Shoeless-Joe »

A snooker table would be nice too, but I´m not sure if that´s too much to ask for...
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

JWs now known as Johnnys 56, dont charge for pool, the girls play good but can be just for fun.
Pink Panther dont charge, TK Roadhouse in takieb have a great free table..they are around :)

Not so sure on snooker, sure they will be charged.
Dan1
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Dan1 »

Joe,
Most, if not all, of the bars with Pool tables are free in Hua Hin. The only one I think you have to pay is Lucky Shot (if it is still open) and that may be your best bet as I believe that it's run by a couple of Germans who take their Pool seriously. You know the ones who wear a glove, have their own chalk, a break cue, jump cue and their playing cue. You'll maybe meet the odd faring in there who are up to you standard and you can move along with them to other bars. I would recommend JW's as his table is one of the better ones in the BB area. Personally I'm happy to get my backside whopped by the bar girls and to buy them a few drinks for their time. It's a business for them and if they weren't playing Pool with you then they could be making a wage of someone else.
Shoeless-Joe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Shoeless-Joe »

Thanks for the tipps. (And thanks for the maps on this website, makes ot easier to find the places)
And i don't blame the girls for asking for drinks. I know it's their way to earn money. but still it would be nice to play with people who buy their own drinks sometimes.
crawdad
Novice
Novice

Post by crawdad »

hey, pool is free as well as are darts at the retro bar/restaurant at the night market (soi 72).
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Free pool is everywhere, but finding a table with no pillars or walls in the way is much harder..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
kgbking
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kgbking »

there is a pool table at a restaurant by seacraze and jamchuree. i go there with a friend and only buy a smoothie to play