Development of Soi Bintabaht

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Development of Soi Bintabaht

Post by oakdale160 »

If it must be a shopping mall, let's getALL the indian owned tailor shops to move in there and perhaps a couple of dozen opticians.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Shopping mall
My thought - "another overpriced white elephant "

Kendo. :roll:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
VeniceBeach

Post by VeniceBeach »

Maybe they will open the first real discotheke in Hua Hin. Would be about time. Hilton "Disco" is so damn lame!
zeitgeist
Professional
Professional

Post by zeitgeist »

Or maybe a down town floating market...need 1 of them!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

What ever goes up is going to be geared to the tourist market NOT residents who know where to go for the same but cheaper. Tourists of the high end hotels will not venture too far from their hotels and will be steered to fairly close areas for their walkabouts
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

We have a cutting from the local Thai newspaper that shows a shopping complex made up of individual glass-fronted units..the whole building looks to be of the modern stainless steel & glass design with a central entrance & shops/units either side of a walkway leading in from the street.
The artists impression also shows a rooftop restaurant on the 2-storey structure. :cheers:

This all sounds tickerty-boo, but the rumoured rental figure of these units is a sky-high one.
The same family who intend putting up this 'arcade' tried a similar thing on a smaller scale on the ground floor of their hotel further down Bintabaat..it was a flop, with no-one wanting to rent the units intially for a long time...then IMO rental prices had to tumble thus allowing the Nepalese to swoop in with a tailor-shop there, then a tattoo parlour, fast food place and yes, even a bar. :laugh:
Any of the above ideas has got to be better than another Plaza-area blasting out wall-to-wall Gloria Gaynor FFS.. :banghead:
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

The artists impression also shows a rooftop restaurant on the 2-storey structure
Fine for locations with a great view - but in Bintabaht?

I would have thought this was a good location for a budget hotel - go up a few floors, parking at the rear, and a lobby with a couple of shops or bars at street level..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

How about a place with 3 floors of "bars" called Hua Hin Entertainment Plaza!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Arlo, you are thinking of orchard building in S'pore with its 4floors of w++++.
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

oakdale160 wrote:Arlo, you are thinking of orchard building in S'pore with its 4floors of w++++.
I have been there but no I was thinking about Nana Entertainment Plaza in Bangkok!
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Today I heard from a bar owner a more likely proposal. A 1* hotel with shop/bar space on the ground floor.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Had a walk down that way this morning now the site has almost been cleared..it is a large plot!
If it was my patch of land I'd be scratting my head as to what would be the best way to utilise the space fully..?? (1 more choice fire around there would indeed make enuf room for a floating market..?) :naughty:
The idea of a modern, clean, well-run budget hotel & neighbouring shops, restaurant/s etc to cater for guests would IMO be welcomed. The good old Ban Pak G/H opposite has served folk well for years now.. :cheers:
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

They could make a multi-level Eros Center and put all the hoes in it, just like in Germany.
A friend is only one click away
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

A multi-storey car park would solve the parking problems?
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Re: Fire in Geronimo bar?

Post by jumusman »

Jose wrote:
uncle tom wrote:
a family of four spends much more than a sex tourist, simple maths.
In total, yes, but most of that is flights and hotels.

The single guy out for some fun on the town is likely to spend a hell of a lot more money away from his digs than the typical parent.

Have a look at the existing tourist orientated shops in the centre of town - at any given time, most don't have a single customer (massage and 7/11 excepted)

A shopping mall in Bintabaht would fail because it's too difficult to drive to - even if they put some parking round the back.
in 2 hours the family will spend between 3-5 thousand baht, 4 starters, 4 main course, drinks on top.
In two hours in a bar, maybe 90 baht a beer, 4 males might spend 400-600 each.
Yes 1-2 might go wild on ..
4 guys sitting in a bar for 2 hours spending on 400 to 600 each. Those are the LONELIEST guys you will ever see in a bar not buying any lady drinks! Those are the kind of guys every bar hates!
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936