LIVE Music bars/venues

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Big Boy

Re: LIVE Music bars/venues

Post by Big Boy »

Hmmmm..... let's hope that post doesn't morph into another source of income for tea money :wink:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote:Hmmmm..... let's hope that post doesn't morph into another source of income for tea money :wink:
More thought....what the live bands are doing is even worse than the bar owners, as the bands are outright copying and performing music for financial gain. The poor bar owners are simply playing CD's that they've purchased or legally downloaded as an enhancement to their main revenue activity of selling drinks. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I believe that they avoid copyright issues by subtly mispronouncing the words- "Welcome to the Hotel California, Such a rubbery place....".
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

STEVE G wrote:I believe that they avoid copyright issues by subtly mispronouncing the words- "Welcome to the Hotel California, Such a rubbery place....".
:lach:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
STEVIEBALE
Amateur
Amateur

Post by STEVIEBALE »

seems hilton is popular choice but is it expensive?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Yes Steve, drinks are very expensive in the Hilton. :banghead:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

STEVIEBALE wrote:seems hilton is popular choice but is it expensive?
Have you been? :roll:

Is there an opposite to a troll? Someone who says things to deescalate others point of view!! :duck:
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

If he's asking if it is expensive then I guess he hasn't been and therefore is asking a perfectly valid question. He was merely pointing out that the Hilton was a popular choice of some...Not sure what you're getting at.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I guess some reading of past discussions or a search would determine what I believe is the majorities view of the Hilton.

I wasn't sure if "a popular choice of some" was meant to be an oxymoron!

I was trying (and obviously failing) to be humerus. Sorry!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I've been to the Hilton twice as a tourist but not once since I have lived here. I must say I did enjoy the atmosphere and music. It is expensive but I guess their overheads are bigger than the average bar in the area. I think it's more popular with the visiting tourists than it is with the locals.

And heres me thinking that an oxymoron was a stupid ox,and humerus was a bone in the upper arm :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach: :lach:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

You can't beat Luknam or Samaurian (sp), both mainly Thai, cheapish and good music (Thai and farang rock) :party:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
STEVIEBALE
Amateur
Amateur

Post by STEVIEBALE »

thanks for replies...i have never been, determined it is was popular choice through the posts hence the question.....as normally "popular" and "expensive" are not considered in the same sentence - "value for money" is more appropriate for the majority of us....the question i asked myself before posting was .........if it is so popular does that mean it is not expensive but instinct tells me all hilton's are expensive, hence i asked the question and again thanks for the clarification..... despite some discontent from nokyai
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Well I've occasionally gone to the Hilton and usually have had a reasonable time. It's not somewhere I would spend a lot of my time but it's ok for the occasional night out. Yea it's expensive but just occasionally you get in the 'money is no object' mindset and fancy a night of frivolence.

I know that some people here also have political reasons for not liking the place, but that's not something likely to concern a short-time visitor to the area.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Pleng wrote:Well I've occasionally gone to the Hilton and usually have had a reasonable time. It's not somewhere I would spend a lot of my time but it's ok for the occasional night out. Yea it's expensive but just occasionally you get in the 'money is no object' mindset and fancy a night of frivolence.

I know that some people here also have political reasons for not liking the place, but that's not something likely to concern a short-time visitor to the area.
I don't like the place not because it's pricey or for political reasons (whatever they be) but the music is crap, half the girls are katoey s and the other half bar rejects or unsuccessful freelancers

Each to their own I suppose.
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I used to go to the Hilton once in a while, mainly because the people I was with wanted to go and perhaps the main reason I agreed was because it's so close to the bars I normally frequent. You can stroll down there and have a drink and decide whether you like it or not which I probably wouldn't do if it was further away.