Thailand to host Football World Cup 2034?

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Thailand to host Football World Cup 2034?

Post by Big Boy »

This one has surprised me. I'm quite au fait with many football stadiums in Thailand, and I don't believe the necessary infrastructure is in place. It will require a MASSIVE investment.

The plan is to submit a joint bid with Vietnam and Indonesia. Exciting if it happens, but I guess many of us will be long dead by then (always look on the bright side :D ).
Three Asean countries, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam may submit a bid to host World Cup 2034, as reported by The Straits Times.

FIFA executive committee member Tengku Abdullah Sultan Ahmad Shah said the football governing bodies from Indonesia, Thailand, and Vietnam have expressed their interest in a joint bid for the 2034 World Cup.
Full story: Football Tribe
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Big Boy

Re: Thailand to host Football World Cup 2034?

Post by Big Boy »

Thoughts.........................

This is the kind of developing area that FIFA want to encourage, and the Asian corruption will suit them fine.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PAFC
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Thailand to host Football World Cup 2034?

Post by PAFC »

Problem is like you say Big Boy. At the moment only Rajamangala stadium would have the capacity to be a venue although a few others including Pakansari and Thunder Castle could be developed. Going from Plymouth bid to be a host city a few years ago, these things are as simple as they seem :).