Premier League 2017-2018

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2017-2018

Post by redzonerocker »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:11 pm I honestly think he'll be a hard act to follow, and it's going to take a while for the Spuds/Arse gap to close.
Maybe his impact in the early part of his Arsenal management . . . . . . but 3 FA cups and barely a title or CL challenge for the last 13 years isn't going to be that hard to follow.
With better player recruitment and a more tactically astute manager, there wouldn't be a gap to the spuds this season.

That said, what he did with the restructuring of the club and the move to the Emirates was immense and is admired and respected by every Arsenal fan.

But . . . . . Anyone with any footballing nous could see what is and has been wrong at Arsenal for the past 10 years plus on the playing side, yet it was allowed to continue year in year out.
Everyone caught up and AW didn't move with the times.

I may sound harsh and ungrateful but as much as I admire what he did for the club, on and off the pitch and the PL in general, I still believe he stayed way past his sell by date.
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

'It comes in 3's' so the saying goes . . . ., . .

The sun's out :sun:

Wenger's out :D

... and now the spud's are out :laugh:
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

redzonerocker wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:49 am 'It comes in 3's' so the saying goes . . . ., . .

The sun's out :sun:

Wenger's out :D

... and now the spud's are out :laugh:
Spuds fans are now ordering their end of season video
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

arcadianagain wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:08 am Spuds fans are now ordering their end of season video
That's 8 FA cup semi final defeats on the trot now :shock: . . . . . and they were playing at home too :wink:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The Wolves and Cardiff are coming up. Fulham blew it and lost their first match since DECEMBER, 5 MONTHS! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: By my calculations if they had won they would be up as Cardiff played to a draw against Reading. Now, let's see if Fulham deserve to come up by winning the playoffs. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

"Fulham booked their place in the Championship play-off final at Wembley as they overturned a first-leg deficit by beating Derby at Craven Cottage.".....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44026478
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Next season I plan on posting the below link after each week's matches. Anyone have a better idea, or better link (free) to give readers a video recap for the week? Pete :cheers:

https://www.premierleague.com/video