Premier League 2016-2017

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Re: Premier League 2016-2017

Post by Zidane »

caller wrote:But you won the FA Cup!
Win or lose the FA Cup final,Van Gaal was on his way anyway.
Coming 5th in the league and winning the FA Cup isn't bad,on paper,but its the boring dross fans have had to watch nearly every week that was the main problem.
Players having to fit in with his "philosophy" of how the game should be played....possession,possession,possession....but its no good having 70% possession if you do fcuk all with it.....sometimes only 1 or 2 shots on goal in the entire match.
Keeping him on for another season would have been a disaster.....we would have been lucky to make the top 10 in the EPL,with Ashley Young playing as the lone striker in one of his 'experiments". :roll:
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

dtaai-maai wrote:Okay, VG has gone, but I wonder how Man U fans really see the appointment of Mourinho?
caller wrote:But you won the FA Cup!
And what about the Chelsea fans? How do they see the move of the divine special one to Old Trafford?
This is the way
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

dtaai-maai wrote:And what about the Chelsea fans? How do they see the move of the divine special one to Old Trafford?
I think having a tennner punt on United to win the league is probably a good thing.

Otherwise, good luck to him. Hopefully he's got out of his system whatever demons possessed him in his last few months at Chelsea.
Talk is cheap
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

pharvey wrote:Wendyball........ Jesus :roll:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36382637
What sort of numpty would by an umbrella or watch strap just because Mourinho`s name is on it?. Of course, a Chelsea numpty.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

It will be interesting to see if he can bring them back up in the first season. Pete :cheers:

Rafael Benitez stays as Newcastle United manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36377851
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

fu.k its official now that Maureen will join Manchester United on a 3 years deal.
maybe I have to stop looking games with my team now even its gonna be tuff after 45 years :cry:

:cheers: :cheers:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

prcscct wrote:It will be interesting to see if he can bring them back up in the first season. Pete :cheers:

Rafael Benitez stays as Newcastle United manager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36377851
Best banker bet in history. :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

bsdk1960 wrote:fu.k its official now that Maureen will join Manchester United on a 3 years deal.
maybe I have to stop looking games with my team now even its gonna be tuff after 45 years :cry:

Not keen then? :mrgreen:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

bsdk1960 wrote:fu.k its official now that Maureen will join Manchester United on a 3 years deal.

So you were happy to watch them struggle in the Premiership under Moyes and LVG but don't want to watch them under a proven Premiership winner ? :thumb:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

I'd love it if he 'did a Chelsea' with them (last season). Pulling them into an early relegation battle before leaving them languishing in the bottom half of the table. In house fueds and media meltdowns. Oh how wonderful that would be.

One can but dream. :D
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

GLCQuantum wrote:I'd love it if he 'did a Chelsea' with them (last season). Pulling them into an early relegation battle before leaving them languishing in the bottom half of the table. In house fueds and media meltdowns. Oh how wonderful that would be.

One can but dream. :D
I agree 100% but unfortunately I believe the reality is they will be closer to his previous season at Chelsea.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
barrys
Legend
Legend

Post by barrys »

Pagey wrote:I agree 100% but unfortunately I believe the reality is they will be closer to his previous season at Chelsea.

Hope you're right Pagey
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I think this close season is going to see some massive changes to players at Manure, Citeh & Chelsea and to a lesser degree, with the scousers & spuds. Nothing much will happen at Arsenal.
Talk is cheap
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

I'd normally agree with you there Caller, but I actually think Wenger will be more active than ever during this window.

He's already spent heavy on a much needed defensive midfielder and will definately acquire a replacement for Giroud as the main striker.

A top 4 finish has become Wengers trademark and it will more difficult to come by next season as Chelsea, Man U and possibly Liverpool will spend heavily and challenge for the slots.

With that in mind surely even Wenger will realize that he has to plug a few gaps to avoid being left behind - won't he!?

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk