Premier League 2016-2017

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Re: Premier League 2016-2017

Post by PeteC »

Here's one where Sir Alex didn't see the potential, and it's now cost the club a fortune! What Pogba has to say in the video at the link is interesting.

Paul Pogba: Manchester United re-sign France midfielder for world-record £89m

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/370 ... rt+stories
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I'm really looking forward to this season. I think it's another one that will be very hard to call. 7 clubs will be expecting/hoping to finish in the top 4, and (obviously) 3 will be disappointed. A lot of money spent by Man U, City, Liverpool and Chelsea in particular (so far - still 3 weeks to go...), but it remains to be seen if they'll all be worth the fees.

The 7? Chelsea, Man U, Man C, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool - and I'll include Leicester as a courtesy, though I expect them to finish mid-table this season. West Ham will hope to be in the mix too. Anyone else?

Top 4 at the end of the season?
My heart says Spurs, Man C, Man U, Chelsea.
My head says ask me after the New Year...
This is the way
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Just hope Man U Chelsea Liverpool Arsenal play shite all season!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

JimmyGreaves wrote:Just hope Man U Chelsea Liverpool Arsenal play shite all season!
Hey, you've not turned into a Man City supporter have you JG?
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

JimmyGreaves wrote:Just hope Man U Chelsea Liverpool Arsenal play shite all season!
Pretty much like last season then. Remind me where Spurs came. :cheers:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

arcadianagain wrote:Remind me where Spurs came. :cheers:
3rd, which any Spurs fan would have given his right arm for at the start of the season, and which I'd be happy enough with this season.
FA Cup this year, League title next year.
This is the way
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

arcadianagain wrote:
You guys were shit and we challenged for the title, something that you could only dream about. When it was gone we didn't give a shite about anything else!!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
arcadianagain wrote:
You guys were shit, we challenged for the title something that you could only dream about, you were pissing around all season, we woke up everyday with hope while you woke up thinking 'what a load' :guns: . When it was gone we didn't give a shite about anything else!!
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
arcadianagain wrote:
JimmyGreaves wrote: You guys were shit, we challenged for the title something that you could only dream about, you were pissing around all season, we woke up everyday with hope while you woke up thinking 'what a load' :guns: . When it was gone we didn't give a shite about anything else!!
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

arcadianagain wrote:
You guys were shit, we challenged for the title something that you could only dream about, you were pissing around all season, we woke up everyday with hope while you woke up thinking 'what a load' :guns: . When it was gone we didn't give a shite about anything else!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

JimmyGreaves wrote:When it was gone we didn't give a shite about anything else!!
Really? :? Disgraceful - such disrespect to the paying public who had been supporting them all season. :tsk:

I bet they were still there to pick up their pay cheques though - sums up the Premiership totally for me. :banghead: :banghead:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

JimmyGreaves wrote:[When it was gone we didn't give a shite about anything else!!
There was nothing else! It was only a couple of games until the end of the season. Inexperience cost you against Chelsea and the players were spent after that, hence you got pipped by the Arse on the last day.
Talk is cheap
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Just calm down Jimmy, most people on here are happy with harmless banter, you turn it into a nasty swearfest, and not the first time either.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

arcadianagain wrote:Just calm down Jimmy, most people on here are happy with harmless banter, you turn it into a nasty swearfest, and not the first time either.
Feck - No ones happy so stop lying!
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
arcadianagain wrote:Just calm down Jimmy, most people on here are happy with harmless banter, you turn it into a nasty swearfest, and not the first time either.
Feck - No ones happy so stop lying!
QED :roll: