Premier League 2016-2017

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Re: Premier League 2016-2017

Post by Big Boy »

We decided to watch the Everton/Spurs match yesterday because it was the best of a bad bunch of 1st Saturday fixtures.

After his appalling display at the Euros. and many Spurs supporters saying, "Lets get him back to the club, we know how to use Harry Jane," I was particularly interested in his performance.

I know I have been outspoken about him several times in the past, but I found myself actually discussing with my son as to when Jane had been substituted because we hadn't seen him for so long. What a waste of fresh air he was last night. We were quite amazed when we saw him about 10 minutes later.

I guess he must have something, but I've never seen it. If he's England's 'best' striker, it's no wonder we didn't do well at the Euros.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Yes not a particularly exciting opening day and by all accounts even Gary Liniker on MOTD in his pants was a bit.........pants!!
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Man C, one of the favourites, only beat Sunderland with a penalty and an own goal, let`s hope today`s matches are more exciting, with wins for Bournemouth and Arsenal of course.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, if my IKTS runs to form, you'll be right about the Bournemouth win.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

This must surely be Wengers last season......true they had injuries but he's not bought anyone again in pre-season apart from Xhaka who was deemed unfit after a gruelling Euro 2016 :alien: along with Koscielny and Giroud.
A central defender should have been his main priority in the close season.Even if Koscielny was only 70% fit,he was surely worth a punt for an hour instead of an untried youngster ?

Could be a long hard season for Leicesters defence this time around.They could struggle to make the top half.
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

The Huth is back from suspension against the Arse! :D
Talk is cheap
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Leicester City players get new cars

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/leic ... ar-BBvicbL

How do you treat a football team that has defeated all odds to claim the Premier League title? There was talk of Leicester City’s Thai owners buying players an electric Mercedes-Benz B-Class each – but instead, a fleet of 19 brand new BMW i8s has been delivered to the team’s King Power Stadium.
Posting the pictures on Facebook, Leicester City fan page first4LCFC said: “These are the gifts promised to the players following last season’s triumphs. Unbelievable scenes!”
With a list price of £104,540, this line-up of BMW i8s will have cost Leicester bosses nearly £2,000,000 if they were bought outright.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I guess that when you're a billionaire, £2m is little more than pocket money!!
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

That is still 20,000 x GBP100 notes so need pretty deep pockets to carry that, I can always give a hand for a fee.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

So how do we think our teams are doing so far? After a disappointing start Arsenal seem to be getting their act together, the next game against Chelsea will be interesting
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Yes, it's all a bit quiet on the football front...

Apart from the Stoke game, Spurs have not been firing on all cylinders, but nobody else appears to be either apart from Man City.
And yet, we're unbeaten and lying in 3rd place, so I'll take that!

It's all pretty tight though. Can Everton keep going? I seem to recall saying Leicester couldn't, so I'll wait and see.
This is the way
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I think the shine is starting to rub off of this apple in a big way. Pete :cheers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0489g2g?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

utd.jpg
utd.jpg (26.93 KiB) Viewed 448 times
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Yes,after the first 4 matches its all started to go horribly wrong.....no plan,no passion,nothing.
I don't know if its lack of confidence or players believing their own hype and thinking they are better than they actually are and just have to turn up.
Rooney....absolutely atrocious in the 2nd half (not that he was particularily good in the first half).What does he have to do to be dropped or substituted ? Score 3 own goals ?
Pogba....a promising player who looks a snip at 8.9m.....oh,wait,we paid 89m for him ! :(
Smalling....poor second half of last season and poor again on his re-call on Sunday.
Martial....I know he got injured but a shadow of the player he was last season.

I feel sorry for de Gea.The best keeper in the world playing for an average side.I spose at least we have Rashford.

You know it might just be that the "Mourinho Magic" is happening again.....treating Bastian Schweinsteiger in the same way he treated Eva Carneiro at Chelsea could be rubbing off ? :blues:

But Citeh look a class above the rest....Liverpool doing OK too apart from the Burnley result.....Arsenal and The Spuds not bad but still not in top gear......Everton,well they might be in the mix for a top 4 place but cant see them winning it......Chelsea,doing better than United,not that that's saying much !
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

^ ^ ^ ^

I thought that might flush you out :D
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.