New Free Diving World Record

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pharvey

New Free Diving World Record

Post by pharvey »

I find this absolutely incredible.... :shock: :bow:

"Four and a half minutes is a decent chunk of time. It’s about how long it takes for your coffee to brew or your average shower. So imagine holding your breath for that entire time, while diving 400 feet into a lightless abyss. That’s what world record-holding freediver William Trubridge did–twice–this past week at the annual Vertical Blue diving competition at Dean’s Blue Hole on Long Island, Bahamas."

Full Article: - http://adventureblog.nationalgeographic ... ord-twice/

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
buksida

Re: New Free Diving World Record

Post by buksida »

Impressive, I struggled with a ten meter free dive a couple of days ago!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The video said he was going to try for another on May 3. Has anyone seen that attempt written up yet? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

prcscct wrote:The video said he was going to try for another on May 3. Has anyone seen that attempt written up yet? Pete :cheers:
That's the one in the article when he hit 124m. Sorry, seems I'm confusing things (as is my wont :oops: ) - I posted the link but took a separate video from YouTube.....the video show's his first dive reaching 122m.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.