R.I.P. Johan Cruyff

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Bamboo Grove

R.I.P. Johan Cruyff

Post by Bamboo Grove »

One of the great footballers of 70's has died of lung cancer. I remember seeing the news not so long ago that he said he expected to beat the cancer. I also remember seeing photos of him in the 70's where he was smoking in the dressing room after a match. R.I.P.
Netherlands great Johan Cruyff dies of cancer aged 68

Netherlands great Johan Cruyff has died of cancer aged 68, his official website has announced.

Cruyff, who made his name as a forward with Ajax and Barcelona, won the Ballon d'Or three times.

He won three consecutive European Cups with Ajax and went on to manage Barcelona to their first European Cup win in 1992.

Cruyff helped his country reach the World Cup final in 1974, where they lost to West Germany.

In February, Cruyff said he felt he was "2-0 up in a match" against lung cancer and he was "sure I will end up winning".
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35892775
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Re: R.I.P. Johan Cruyff

Post by Zidane »

One of the all time greats.A marvellous player to watch for Holland,Ajax and Barcelona.RIP
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.