Europa League 2015-16

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Europa League 2015-16

Post by dtaai-maai »

Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Spurs

Without a doubt the worst Spurs performance I've seen this season, from a side with an oddly B-list look about it. I can only hope that, in spite of the apparent importance of this competition to Pochettino earlier in the season, the club has decided to focus on the Premiership.

Dortmund are a good side and gave us a thrashing, playing us at our own game - they could easily have scored 5 or 6. This does not bode well for Champions League football next season... (assuming we qualify!!) :cry:
This is the way
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Re: Europa League 2015-16

Post by JimmyGreaves »

dtaai-maai wrote:Borussia Dortmund 3-0 Spurs

Without a doubt the worst Spurs performance I've seen this season, from a side with an oddly B-list look about it. I can only hope that, in spite of the apparent importance of this competition to Pochettino earlier in the season, the club has decided to focus on the Premiership.

Dortmund are a good side and gave us a thrashing, playing us at our own game - they could easily have scored 5 or 6. This does not bode well for Champions League football next season... (assuming we qualify!!) :cry:
We'll qualify and I for one am happy we gave players a rest. Next Thursday I don't think we'll get hammered :-)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Quite the performance by Liverpool. I didn't see it but hope to catch it on replay this weekend. Pete :cheers:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36020910
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Liverpool must quietly fancy there chances of lifting the trophy....Villareal in the semi finals....Klopp has done a decent job at Anfield,so far.
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Much as it pains me to do so,you have to say congratulations to Liverpool in reaching the Europa League Final against Sevilla in Switzerland on 18th May. :cheers:
Liverpool 3 Villareal 0 (aggregate 3-1)
Sevilla 3 Shakhtar Donetsk 1 (aggregate 5-3)

If Baa Baa was still here I reckon this thread would have 500 posts not 5......I wonder if he'll make a comeback ? :rasta:
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

If Liverpool win in the final they get automatic entry to the Champions League next season. Meaning English Teams have Five teams entered.
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Zidane wrote:If Baa Baa was still here I reckon this thread would have 500 posts not 5......I wonder if he'll make a comeback ? :rasta:
:laugh: I was just thinking the same.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

JD wrote:If Liverpool win in the final they get automatic entry to the Champions League next season. Meaning English Teams have Five teams entered.
Is that the case? I thought that the 4th placed team would miss out as part of the quota system?

If I remember rightly the year Chelsea won the champions Spurs finished 4th but we're only able to qualify for the Europa League.

Maybe the rules have changed. If not the City Arseanl game in Sunday presents a whole different ball game.

A City win would see them leapfrog Arseanl on goal difference.

Sent from my SM-J500G using Tapatalk
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

Spain had five teams this season because of the change to the rules at the end of the previous season.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/ne ... 15121.html
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

What would have been fascinating is that had City won the Champions league and if Liverpool win the Europa league, then the 4th place team in the premiership would have dropped down to the Eurpoa league. Not going to happen now, but that would have been fun!

Anyway, good luck to the scousers in the final.
Talk is cheap
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

caller wrote:What would have been fascinating is that had City won the Champions league and if Liverpool win the Europa league, then the 4th place team in the premiership would have dropped down to the Eurpoa league. Not going to happen now, but that would have been fun!

Especially if Chelsea were the 4th placed team :clap: :clap: :clap:

Good luck to the Villareal in the final!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
Think their luck ran out in the semi's :wink:

Fair shout to Liverpool, they were superb on the night.
Hope they win it. :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
caller wrote:What would have been fascinating is that had City won the Champions league and if Liverpool win the Europa league, then the 4th place team in the premiership would have dropped down to the Eurpoa league. Not going to happen now, but that would have been fun!

Once again JG introduces unpleasantness into what is normally good natured banter on football topics. :tsk:
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

arcadianagain wrote:
JimmyGreaves wrote:

Once again JG introduces unpleasantness into what is normally good natured banter on football topics. :tsk:
What's unpleasant about wishing Chelsea get the same medicine as they gave Spurs? And Yes good luck Valencia :oops:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

We didn't do anything - the rules did!
Talk is cheap