Raising profile with Chang sponsorship ?

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Raising profile with Chang sponsorship ?

Post by Kraka's Dad »

For my sins I support Everton Football Club :thumb: . Last season they signed a sponsorship deal with Chang Beer for a number of years. Can anyone tell me if this has raised their profile in this part of the world?? I have been to Hua Hin twice and Bangkok once since they signed this deal and cannot find any evidence of raised profile :cry: :cuss: .

:cheers:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I don't see much evidence of Everton football shirts here yet. Reckon that club has a long, long way to go before they break the mould of Man U, Liv, etc etc.
Maybe Chang did it to get distribution in the UK? Just a thought.
After all our fearless leader nearly bought Liverpool football club, didn't he. Maybe the brewery was led to Merseyside as a result?
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Thanks for the reply. I had come to the same opinion re how far Everton have yet to come to be a high profile club in Thailand. They did take some Thai youngsters to school them in their football acadamy but nothing has been heard of them for a long time as to how they are developing.
I think it is going to be a long time with a lot of hard work (success in Premier League & Europe would help) before they are seen to be a big name club in Thailand.

:cheers: